Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanx to many of you, i've decided to go with sprint blue and pearl silver interior. I think the contrast between the black dash board and white/silver interior is significant, but can be ok with the right inlays and silver headlining.

So here we go again :rolleyes:

option #1 pearl silver interior + aluminum holgram inlay
option #2 pearl silver interior + matt brushed aluminum (no charge)
option #3 pearl silver interior + stainless steel mesh
option #1 pearl silver interior + carbon fibre

I'm leaning toward aluminum hologram or regular brushed aluminum

Second issue is durability and wear of white/silver interior? any of you with silver interior with comments? please :)

And thirdly, what do you guys think of the silver headlining instead of the black, i think we can order this :confused: any comments?

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have had the silver in the past in a S4, no durability nor maintenance issues, as it is good quality, it cleans easily - so not a problem. I personally chose it with the stainless steel mesh. I hesitated with carbon atllas, which I though fit better with the darker colors ( brown, red, black). The hologram is OK, but I would stay away from the brushed aluminum, simply because it is standard on most S-line versions, so lacks exclusivity ( which is why I chose the mesh).

As for silver headlining, my firm belief is stay away from it. The black contrasts with the lightas you drive and is much more pleasant - it also makes the rest of the interior stand out better. I have had the light roof lining on other models, and always regretted it. Yes, it looks decent on the pictures, but black also looks great, and is more pleasant on a day to day basis. On other models, the black roof lining is charged optional..... for what that is worth... more desirable.

HOpe this helps.

Good choice with the Sprint Blue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here is my 2 cents:

I placed an order a couple of months ago -- Meteor Gray exterior, Pearl Silver leather and stainless steel mesh inserts. In the US, you can't order the silver headliner and you have to have black. At least that was the order guide that I had to work off of. I agree with S5France in that the black headliner is just fine and perhaps not a bad thing to prevent the interior from being too light. Plus, since you have to have the sunroof, I like the idea of the roof being all dark, not light and then a big dark sunroof in the middle.

One thing that surprised me though about the stainless steel mesh inserts is that the console surround portion come with piano black (I believe, could be wrong) and not matching mesh. At first I was disappointed and thought it was odd that it wouldn't match but now I think it's good that the center portion is mostly black with the elegant mesh on the door inserts.

The brushed aluminum is fine. I have it on my B6 S4 with black and silver alcantara Recaro seats. I didn't get that because I already had it and wanted something different. It is true that it most likely is what will come with the S-line, A5, new A4, etc. and is not as exclusive. But it does look nice and is easy to clean.

I went with the all leather seats and not alcantara inserts because my driver's seat is showing a fair bit of wear after only 3 years. However I wear jeans almost every day or cargo pants and shorts. I'm a designer and don't need to wear suits too often. Jeans are rough and will wear the suede eventually and some dye transfers from denim onto it. But, alcantara is remarkable in how well it cleans. I just use soapy spray water and a microfiber cloth every now and then.

So I might see wear and dye transfer onto my new Pearl leather seats but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'll keep them clean and treat them, etc. Ultimately all car interiors show some wear, even black leather. I had black leather on my TT and used conditioning lotion regularly. After 5 years they were all cracked and looked like crap. I'll probably have my S5 for 3 - 5 years and will take good care of it but I don't expect the seats to stay perfect.

Oh yeah Carbon Fiber -- I would probably choose it if I went for black exterior and black interior. For Sprint Blue I would go light, either brushed aluminum or stainless steel mesh. Just my opinion though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts