Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm assuming this is for orders taken now? I was told May 2008 for orders placed now.
Yeah, infact I was told by my dealer that their demo, ordered in August when mine was, is now showing June 08 but that is because it is not customer tagged. So you can take this date with a pinch of salt. Your are right about May for customer's cars.
Have you got a build week for your's yet?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was told my car would be december delivery but have now been told this will now be febuary(ordered early august).I only found this out after contacting the dealer for an update.Overall I have found audis customer service pretty poor which is not good enough when paying 40k for a car.It seems once they have your deposit you are forgotten about.How I wish I didnt order that damn sunroof.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was told my car would be december delivery but have now been told this will now be febuary(ordered early august).I only found this out after contacting the dealer for an update.Overall I have found audis customer service pretty poor which is not good enough when paying 40k for a car.It seems once they have your deposit you are forgotten about.How I wish I didnt order that damn sunroof.
Which country are you in, as it is not in your signature, this should not be the case for a UK order? This does not add up.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Have you got a build week for your's yet?
I spoke with the dealer at the beginning of this week and the system has a provisional build date of week 52 (as yet not confirmed). They told me if it doesn’t change (which it still can) then I would be looking to get my car by the end of January. (My car was ordered 1st week in October which had an original delivery date of March 2008)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I spoke with the dealer at the beginning of this week and the system has a provisional build date of week 52 (as yet not confirmed). They told me if it doesn’t change (which it still can) then I would be looking to get my car by the end of January. (My car was ordered 1st week in October which had an original delivery date of March 2008)
I'd be surprised if the Wk 52 build doesn't come forward a week or so.
Not long now before they tell you its confirmed, I bet end of this month:D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'd be surprised if the Wk 52 build doesn't come forward a week or so.
Not long now before they tell you its confirmed, I bet end of this month:D
Providing he hasnt got the sunroof option or the special colours or interior. It still appears that dealers are giving delivery times that reflect the inclusion of the delaying options..

The build week I was given has just passed and that was to lead to a late Nov, early december delivery. You can see from my sig that it came forward 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Providing he hasnt got the sunroof option or the special colours or interior. It still appears that dealers are giving delivery times that reflect the inclusion of the delaying options..

The build week I was given has just passed and that was to lead to a late Nov, early december delivery. You can see from my sig that it came forward 5-6 weeks.
No sunroof for me or special colours....so lets hope it comes forward a few more weeks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Which country are you in, as it is not in your signature, this should not be the case for a UK order? This does not add up.
Scotland. Why does this not add up chris. Any info much appreciated as all the dealer said was that there were quality control issues at the factory.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Scotland. Why does this not add up chris. Any info much appreciated as all the dealer said was that there were quality control issues at the factory.
Just in case anyone is getting confused here, my car has been ordered from a Synter Audi dealer down south not in Scotland, thats prehaps why there is a bit of a difference between delivery dates as dealer allocation sometimes has a part to play in delivery times also.

(Ali you wouldn't mind updating your profile to show your location would you)

·
Registered
174 Posts
(Ali you wouldn't mind updating your profile to show your location would you)[/QUOTE]

Have done so saj

·
Registered
276 Posts
This just seems not to be the case as assuming your dealer had allocation tas you should have had it delivered by now. That is the experience of others on here including myself. Similarly there have not been an QA issues with the S5,only A5 seats. Perhaps you have a small dealer who has no allocation on 2007 left and is not up to date with reality. I would tell them you will be contacting Audi UK to verify this is the up to date story.
Ask them for your Comm number written on your order as this will be needed if you call Audi UK?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ali, there is a number of us on these forums that ordered in August and we all got our cars last month. The are some that ordered in September that are getting theirs now.

So, the fact you ordered yours in August and havent got it yet doesnt add up. The sun roof would have added some more weeks but the timescale doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ordered on 12/3 and was quoted 3/24/08. Then again this was the date given the dealer for a car intended for the showroom that was still open for spec changes. Hoping it is near correct as my current lease ends 4/30. The good thing about all this waiting and worrying is that when we do finally get our cars, there won't be too many others out on the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.