Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2010 S5 the passenger window has not been returning to the top of it's travel after closing the door. I've read that the window travel can be reset by controlling them up and down and holding 5 sec, etc. This hasn't been a reliable fix for me (or does nothing and I just get lucky when the window does decide to go back up) because the problem always seems to return. In fact, I can sometimes repeat this several times to where the window will lower 5mm or so for 2-3 iterations without going back up after closing, resulting in it being 15mm+ down from the top of it's travel.

I've read about microswitches and such in TT models and decided to take the door card off and remove the locking mechanism to see if I could find an obvious problem to fix --- none identified. I don't think this is related to frozen conditions because it just started happening this summer. Anyone else fight with something like this? What was the solution??

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was. My A5 Cabrio did that quite a bit when I first got it, driver's-side door; I'd notice the whistling when I got up to speed, and had to touch the Up button, briefly, to finish the travel.
My issue, kinda disappeared, on its own, it hasn't happened for months and I kinda forgot about it. Haven't heard about the Reset procedure and will try that if it comes back; will also be monitoring this thread for other ideas.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my 2010 S5 the passenger window has not been returning to the top of it's travel after closing the door. I've read that the window travel can be reset by controlling them up and down and holding 5 sec, etc. This hasn't been a reliable fix for me (or does nothing and I just get lucky when the window does decide to go back up) because the problem always seems to return. In fact, I can sometimes repeat this several times to where the window will lower 5mm or so for 2-3 iterations without going back up after closing, resulting in it being 15mm+ down from the top of it's travel.

I've read about microswitches and such in TT models and decided to take the door card off and remove the locking mechanism to see if I could find an obvious problem to fix --- none identified. I don't think this is related to frozen conditions because it just started happening this summer. Anyone else fight with something like this? What was the solution??
Did you ever figure this out? My RS5 passenger side has the same issue.

·
Registered
558 Posts
do you mean, push window down button until the window's all the way down and continue to push button down for 5 seconds before releasing, then windows up button until window's all the way up and continue to pull window up button for 5 seconds without releasing? you've done this cycle a few times, like 3 or 5 times?

I think the trick is not relasing the buttons until the windows are all the way/down for a few seconds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately the specific cause/solution is still a mystery (to me at least), but like a another poster my problem eventually just seemed to go away and hasn't resurfaced for some time now knocks on wood. I do think that I had some success with the reset I tried to describe (same process that I think is described correctly in the post above) but wasn't a guaranteed fix.

I recently learned the same procedure may work for the power driver's seat if the memory function isn't working. My car is currently giving a code that the power seat lost it's position/adaptation for some reason I don't understand. I've read that others have moved the seat all the way to both ends of it's travel (probably holding onto the switch for a few seconds) like the window operation in this thread and were able to restore functionality. Haven't tried it on my seat yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know about the electrical side, but you can manually/mechanically perform minor adjustments to the glass position under the door card.
When I replaced my window actuator arms I had to do it that way.

Here's a video (in Russian but you'll get the idea) of how to replace the window. At the end you'll see how they adjust it (although I loosed the bolts holding the glass in and slide it up slightly).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts