Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at my order again and realised that I did not include the parking plus option in my order. Any idea if it can be retrofitted after delivery? From the list of options shown in the order list, I think even the basic parking sensor is an option in this part of the world!

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I just looked at my order again and realised that I did not include the parking plus option in my order. Any idea if it can be retrofitted after delivery? From the list of options shown in the order list, I think even the basic parking sensor is an option in this part of the world!
No chance of asking the dealer to send a change to the factory still? Or is the car already built or being build very soon? A few weeks prior to factory time you can usually still change your order.

As for APS Plus, sure it can be retrofitted, but it is also quite the project - new bumbers front and rear, control unit here and there, new button in the dashboard... Rear parking sensors are easier because all the action is in the rear and no button in dash.

Kufatec sells factory-part kits:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...-optische-Anzeige-MMI--Front-und-Heck-A5.html

If your car already has rear APS, this kit helps convert it to APS Plus:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...--optische-Anzeige-Radio-MMI--Audi-A5-B8.html

Kufatec doesn't seem to have an APS rear kit at this time for A5, but I'm sure they could provide one if you emailed them - if you just want the rear done.

The Kufatec kits, when fit properly, look and work exactly like from factory since they are factory parts mostly. So if you want to take the expense and find the people to do the installation (or you can do it yourself), then this is certainly an option.

If you just want rear parking sensors and the easiest, most cheapest route, then that would be Audi Genuine Accessories retrofit kit THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS FACTORY KIT. But it is easier to install since it can be drilled into an existing bumper and connected to rear wiring easily - but you can not control it from MMI, it just goes on when you activate reverse gear. It doesn't look as nice as factory made, but it works fine of course.

http://shop.audi.de/webapp/wcs/stor...yPath=15644.15645&categoryId=20792&modelyear=

Even though the picture would suggest, these are actually different parking sensors than the ones that come from the factory. This is what the Audi Genuine Accessories kit looks like on an A4 B8:

This is the factory rear on an A4 B8 (A5 is pretty much the same):

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah! thanx for the info. I just got called 10 mins back - the car is already in port, awaiting clearance. He still has not reverted back to me if I get the basic reverse sensors. I am not too keen on the front ones. Would be glad if the rear sensors are part of the basic, but my dealer rep is quite a 'duh!'. Said he would find out and get back to me... but no news yet! Iv got my fingers crossed.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah.. I finally got to see the car... Its got Parking Plus. (Isnt that the one with both front and rear sensors and graphical representation)?

· Registered
479 Posts
Yes, that's the one!

Photos of car please:D

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will get delivery on Sunday... will post positively then!

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Jesus Christ ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.