Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I had my Air Bag indicator light as well as another light I can't seem to identify came on together suddenly yesterday (Please see image, I circled the indicator lights in yellow). Unfortunately, I let my father borrow the car and he insists that he didn't do anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know the circumstances that led to the lights occurring.
Has anyone experienced either of these? The car seems fine and everything appears to be working properly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for the help,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is your parking brake malfunction indicator. The airbag light will cause it to come on. Can you retrieve the code for your airbag light?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wils1514, thanks for the reply. I don't have my diagnostic tool with me. I might need to stop at the service station. My Dad may have driven with the parking brake on, but it is still working.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hi Wils1514, thanks for the reply. I don't have my diagnostic tool with me. I might need to stop at the service station. My Dad may have driven with the parking brake on, but it is still working.
Just a thought... is he old school and drives off without a seatbelt on? If so the park brake won't auto disengage.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Have you tried driving off with the EPB on?! It ain't easy to do, especially without noticing! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dan,

I have, and you are correct, but you haven't met my dad. Shrek, I'm not sure, he's usually very good about using his seatbelt, so I don't think that would have been an issue, but it's good info to know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone,

I had my Air Bag indicator light as well as another light I can't seem to identify came on together suddenly yesterday (Please see image, I circled the indicator lights in yellow). Unfortunately, I let my father borrow the car and he insists that he didn't do anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know the circumstances that led to the lights occurring.
Has anyone experienced either of these? The car seems fine and everything appears to be working properly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for the help,
Greg

I have the same issue. It happened to me this morning. I was backing up into a parking spot and i was turning my steering wheel and something made a crack noise on the steering wheel when i was turning and backing up and thats when the same lights came on. When i pull the emergency brake it tells me to release it right away. Did you fix this issue and how ?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had this exact same thing happen to me at the weekend, parking brake warning plus airbag. I also got a start/stop message as well. The brake warning was that auto-release wasn't working but the brake could still be switched on and off manually.

Mine was caused by putting a piggy back fuse onto the 'CD Motor' fuse for my camera, which I suspect grounded a circuit that's not supposed to be connected to ground. When I took the connection away again the problem vanished.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey i got my car diagnosed by a good friend at a shop and my spring clock (clock collum) is bad that part is inside the steering wheel that all cables go to and that part is bad so it tore out all my cables.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
so weird same thing happened to me 2 days ago. Out of the blue turned on the car one day and it popped up. Both brake malfunction and the airbag light.
I have not done anything recently to the car though, any going thursday to a body shop for another issue, anyone got a recommendation while I am there to fix this?
Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had the same issue when I pass a speed bump suddenly appeared both lights, has any one fix that problem.....
Exact same thing happened to me last week when I drove over an expansion joint on the highway while it was very cold outside (winter).

It seems no one has posted what the cause and/or the fix is for this. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,

I'm sorry I didn't update the post. Fortunately I guess, the issue has been resolved, unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to correct it. I vaguely recall removing the cables from my battery for 24 hours and the system reset, but I'm not sure that was the solution for this issue or another dash light issue. I've have lights appear with no symptoms before and they routinely go away in time. I finally bought a diognostic tool that has been helpful for minor issues. You may want to invest in a similar tool just to save yourself from some headaches.

There is a link in an earlier post in this thread from StL Stranger that looks like an option in case your issue is more than a simple reset.

Good luck,

Greg

·
Registered
225 Posts
My Airbag Warning and Hand Brake Warning both disappeared all by themselves yesterday while driving in the city. After letting is sit parked for 30 minutes while shopping, both lights returned again on engine start up.
I hate the idea of taking it to a dealer as their remedy always seems to be to throw parts at it until the problem goes away. Gone it seems are the days of thorough fault finding/diagnosis and actually repairing and not replacing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me last week when I drove over an expansion joint on the highway while it was very cold outside (winter).

It seems no one has posted what the cause and/or the fix is for this. :(
The exact same thing happened to me, the same scenario, driving over an expansion joint in cold weather. Any luck fixing this at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. It happened to me this morning. I was backing up into a parking spot and i was turning my steering wheel and something made a crack noise on the steering wheel when i was turning and backing up and thats when the same lights came on. When i pull the emergency brake it tells me to release it right away. Did you fix this issue and how ?
Did you ever get it fixed? Mine just did the same thing this morning after turning the wheel crack sound and lights came on

1 - 17 of 17 Posts