Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You have to sit back and applaud a car like the Audi RS6 Avant. As we've noted with amazement countless times, it's a station wagon capable of outgunning supercars. In Europe that sort of thing flies, and while it still won't be making the transatlantic voyage (even though we're sure that, with a set of wings attached, it could get here on its own), even back in the old world not everyone is keen on the estate body-style. Which is why Audi is preparing a conventional four-door sedan version of the RS6, which our photographers spied all but completely undisguised out on the street a little over a month ago. Reports now indicate that the twin-turbo V10 super-sedan will be unveiled at the upcoming Paris Motor Show this coming October. We can expect the sedan version to carry the same mechanicals as its wagon counterpart, however certain visual updates are expected to be shown on the top-of-the-line RS6 sedan before they trickle down to the entire A6 range.
Pics inside link.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/04/paris-2008-preview-audi-to-unveil-rs6-sedan/

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm not a big fan of estate cars. So, the saloon makes a bit more sense for those like me. That said, I am not keen on the pics. The general shape of the 6 doesnt appeal to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm not a big fan of estate cars. So, the saloon makes a bit more sense for those like me. That said, I am not keen on the pics. The general shape of the 6 doesnt appeal to me.
Not my cup of tea, but Im sure it will put down impressive numbers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not bad looking... comparing it to the present A6 this RS6 has a better rearend and taillights

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a ride in a RS6 Avant around the Fuji Speedway while there for R8 demo and test drive. Audi Japan was using the Avants as "pace cars" for the customer test drives. I have never been in a wagon that had that sort of power before. It was incrediblt quiet and the instructor was driving it with one hand while talking on a handy-talky.

The highlight of the day though was my ride as a passenger while Alan McNish put the R8 through its paces with a final straight-away speed of over 270KPH. I only got it to 220KPH on my drive and the Avant easily outdistanced me on the straight.

I cannot imagine what the sedan version will do.

·
Registered
493 Posts
guys let me give you a nice site to check all new cars/models

www.desktopmachine.com

hope you like it
you can find the RS6 sedan there also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts