Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this across from Tiking's thread about Brilliant Black...

Does anyone have any experience of the Autoglym Lifeshine product? I had the A-Glaze treatment offered by my dealer on my S4 and thought it was an excellent product - after 53k miles and 4+1/2 years I never polished the car, just gave it a quick wash and it came up like new with water beading on the surface. I also left bird droppings on the paint for some time on several occasions with no ill effect.

The general consensus elsewhere is that the Autoglym isn't very good. I'm looking for a similar product to the A-Glaze (ie a permanent paint protection treatment) which I would probably look to get professionally applied.

I know a lot of people will recommend other high-end products like Swissvax and Meguiars, but my understanding is that these are not permanent and will need re-applying, so I might as well use Mer or similar, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Any recommendations? I've found Permagard on the net and it looks good, but don't know if I will find someone in my area who does it.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I personally don't like autoglym at all. The polish seems good at first, but it doesn't last long at all.

With regards to a long lasting sealant, I actually quite like Diamondbrite. It used to be an option (not sure if it still is) which BMW dealers favoured.

You've also got SupaGuard. My Dad's XKR has the Supaguard paint protection. One thing I will say is that it doesn't take well to other manufacturer's Waxes (Particularly on black). I've used both Meguiar's #16 AND autoglym on it and it seemed to bring up random light clouds all over the car - even when using a rotory!!

If you're going to Diamondbrite, you may choose to do it yourself or get it done professionally. I thought Diamondbrite was pretty impressive. BUT, that was on BMW paint. I always find products work differently with different paint types.

Hope that helps.

Rab.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got them to use a product called TST 5000 on mine and well pleased with it. The main difference between this and all the rest is that it is Teflon based and not wax based and therefore doesnt wash off after a few months. Its a US product and not well known in the UK. I used to sell it when I was in the trade and all my customers were pleased with it.
My dealer sells Autoglym Lifeshine and their valeter told me this was the best product he had ever used and the salesman agreed the result looks stunning on Brilliant Black.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts