Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new S5. Phantom black with Alcantara pearlsilver-black seats. I found it look great and decided to go with this color knowing it will be difficult to maintain.

I asked my dealer and recommended the Xzilon paint protector http://www.capfinalcoat.com/ but he said that they do not have anything to offer for the suede.:(

Any comments on the Xzilion and suggestions for the suede?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats! Is this the first reported Canadian S5 delivery? Sure seems like it. No idea on the suede. Sorry.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just picked up my new S5. Phantom black with Alcantara pearlsilver-black seats. I found it look great and decided to go with this color knowing it will be difficult to maintain.

I asked my dealer and recommended the Xzilon paint protector http://www.capfinalcoat.com/ but he said that they do not have anything to offer for the suede.:(

Any comments on the Xzilion and suggestions for the suede?:confused:
Congrats :) Love to see pics of those seats :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I will take some picture on the weekend and post them. Since, I started the thread, I contacted the US representative for the Alcantara product and they told me that I do not need any protection. This is a synthetic product and is easy to clean and maintain. Alcantara website even has a maintenance instruction guide.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats - would be interested in seeing the pictures when you get it ( nice pics of the inside). Mine is Phantom Black / Pearl silver leather, but the two tone alcantara inside wasn't available when I ordered mine ( if it was, I would have chosen it - saw pics once, thought it looked goregeous).

YOu should be happy . My previous A6 had alcantara inlays that were light gray. No stain problems, didn't get dirty, no maintenance issues ( slightly himid towel with soapy water is sufficient if necessary). And alcantara doesn't slip, is much more comfortable than leather too - not cold on freezing mornings, not hot on boiling summer days.....

Great choice - hope you chose the stainless steel mesh inserts - they match great with the two tone door panels ( better than the carbon fiber in my opinion).....

Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts