Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway. My Misano Red S-line is somewhere on its way. Its pass through Port in the USA and the Dealership was billed for the car. Unfortunatly I am going away on vacation so I will be unable to pick up the car until the 15th of october. So I paid for the car last night.. which sucks since I haven't seen it yet. But I felt like I needed something besides just a downpayment recept saying "A5" on it. I was afraid someone might come along and offer $5k above MSRP or just MSPR since I got it for 2% below and take my car!!!! So now i have an invoce showing paid with the VIN and my name on it!!! anyway... 15 more days. and I'll post pictures!!!:cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I was a little hesitant, but I do have the Vehicle Invoice between Volkswagen Group of America and the dealership with the options listed I ordered. And I have the BoS as well The VINS all match. I expect to see the car ;-) Plus this way they cannot sell it to anyone else!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
You may be lucky if you get your car by the 15th. It seems like your car may be on the same boat as my S5, the "Amity Ace." The Amity Ace is currently at port in RI but there is a customs hold on it, so until they remove the hold, no cars are getting off that boat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Customs Hold

You may be lucky if you get your car by the 15th. It seems like your car may be on the same boat as my S5, the "Amity Ace." The Amity Ace is currently at port in RI but there is a customs hold on it, so until they remove the hold, no cars are getting off that boat.
Jimmyz:

How did you get that info? When did the Amity Ace arrive in port? I was expecting a delivery last week, and my dealer said it is a slow process getting through the RI port. He didn't imply a customs hold, more like slow handling and processing to the trucks. I wonder if your info is more to the point... thanks for any detail you can provide.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.. car at dealership.. Just have to wait until I get back from Vacation!! The dealer is picking me up at the airport :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know how long the wait can be...I would cut my vacation short and go get the car! You will have much more fun driving the beast than on vacation!:D:D

Have fun when you get back and post some pics. Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.