Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just paid the deposit on my S5, and got 2% off and a free self dipping rear view mirror option!
Full spec is:

Phantom Black.
Keyless ignition
B & O speakers
Sat Nav
Hill assist
Folding mirrors
Self dipping rear view, auto windscreen wipers.

Delivery mid December.

·
Registered
276 Posts
How did you manage that, my dealer said no discount at all on A5 (or TT),per Audi UK directive. Assume you mean the Auto dim and rain/light option worth £200
Also what build week did they quote you then?

G

·
Just paid the deposit on my S5, and got 2% off and a free self dipping rear view mirror option!
Full spec is:

Phantom Black.
Keyless ignition
B & O speakers
Sat Nav
Hill assist
Folding mirrors
Self dipping rear view, auto windscreen wipers.

Delivery mid December.
rubbish, like everyone else, i know Audi in the UK are doing no discounts at all because they are currently not allowed. The only things you will get a discount on is when its dealer supplied extras, not factory.

Proof of your discount needed please, it will be on your order form.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys, I don't think the salesman was supposed to give the discount! But I had a written quote, so they had to honour it.
My delivery date is 15th December.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did they give you a scheduled build week yet, if not ask them to check?
If you ordered in the last week or two the build weeks were looking at around Wk 40, that is early November so it might be available earlier.
On the other hand they get some weekly sales summary that for S5 was saying late December, hence this is what they gave you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got a 4.8% corporate discount through my company in Geneva. Not quite the same thing as haggling the dealer down, but better than nothing...

·
Registered
34 Posts
are the s5's selling like crazy overseas?

want one also but can't help thinking that it falls into a funny price point -- ie, slots on pretty much between a 335ci and the new m3

julie

G

·
are the s5's selling like crazy overseas?

want one also but can't help thinking that it falls into a funny price point -- ie, slots on pretty much between a 335ci and the new m3

julie
Which in my opinion is exactly where it should be. I think the S5 is a much better car than the 335i but won't be up to M3 pace. You deff get more for your money with the S5 over the 335i

Im not overly sure where the RS5 will fit if they make it. Will they go to take the M3 out, or the M3 CSL ??????

·
Registered
34 Posts
do we really think that audi will release an rs5 in 2008?

i cant understand how a car that would would have had very little development time can possibly be released so soon, even before the upcoming rs6.

price wise if the s5 is anything go by, the rs5 will be significantly priced above the m3 (which is looking to be good value).

if the rs5 is a 2008 release, id definitely get one (given that im prepared to wait for an auto (hopefully dsg) s5 for may '08) but i just cant see it happening so quickly, if at all (think convertible will come first)

julie

·
Registered
209 Posts
USA 2% discount

I got a 2% discount as well.... i mean.. its only like $500 off.. which is no big deal.. like a drop in the bucket when u pay $40,000 for a car... ha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe you should try calling another dealership, even if the closest dealership is an hour away. I know that used to be a standard practice for dealerships, mark up the sticker price, but now they realize people will go somewhere else. Lets say, somewhere that is not charging extra.

The automobile market has been slowing here in the states and dealerships need to stay competitive, not a smart move for the dealership.

Just my opinion :)

Miramar Audi said that they are applying a $5k charge on top of MSRP due to the demand.

Seems a bit unfair to me::(

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hi guys - any more anecdotal evidence of any kind of discounts to be had when ordering an A5? Not sure what to expect in negotiating when I order this weekend. I intend to get it just about fully loaded, so I'm looking at $50k or thereabouts, and anything will help!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess I should be happy with my near 9% discount then? I'm also getting the car with professionally installed tinted windows, no extra charge.

It's an S5 in brilliant black with the pearl silver alcantara and black leather with DVD nav and some other goodies of course :)

Hands down this was the best sales person I've had to deal with to date. I know I grilled him pretty bad to get the discount and extras, but I'll most definetly refer people to this Audi dealer and this sales person I spoke to. We even sat until after business hours and chatted and had some laughts and eventually shook hands and made the deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yes, Swedie - I'd say so! Hmm...I guess very few people in the U.S. are pre-ordering the A5? This forum/thread would be invaluable if folks reported back what kind of deals they are getting in the U.S. I intend to order this weekend or next and will report back, but would love to hear from others getting less than friggin' MSRP! Not sure where the potential areas of give are..options, price or otherwise...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got big fat zero discount, but as a gesture of goodwill and after much banter etc, I managed to get massive savings as follows
1) A FULL TANK OF PETROL
2) £100 of Audi accessories from the official Audi range.
Must be losing my negotiating skills -still, anything is better than nothing

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thanks for the report back, Ian. I don't think you're losing skills - it's just a seller's market. But the other reports of minor savings (and Swedie's 9%!) makes me wonder what's to be had out there! Hmm..a full tank..that's worth a lot these days!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.