Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a steering wheel off a 2015 A5 a flat bottom one, Can i retrofit paddle shifters to the flat bottom steering wheel or is it a replacement wheel job? As the A5 im intending to buy at some point will be s tronic.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I sold my old to some guy who had a non-paddle wheel, apparently according to him it also needed coding. With the whole CANbus world car electronics run on these days I'm not so sure just retrofitting paddles and getting them to work is as simple as it sounds. If it were me I'd definitely just get a wheel already fitted with paddles. Alternatively just make sure the A5 you intend to buy at some point already has a flat bottom paddle wheel already to save yourself loads of work.

Regards

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sold my old to some guy who had a non-paddle wheel, apparently according to him it also needed coding. With the whole CANbus world car electronics run on these days I'm not so sure just retrofitting paddles and getting them to work is as simple as it sounds. If it were me I'd definitely just get a wheel already fitted with paddles. Alternatively just make sure the A5 you intend to buy at some point already has a flat bottom paddle wheel already to save yourself loads of work.

Regards
Coding isn't an issue as I have the software, as i already have the steering wheel, i thought if possible i could use it.... Before i decide sell it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts