Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have an A5 Sportback 2.7 diesel which comes with multitronic transmission and "manual" paddle shifts.

I love the extra control that the paddle shifts provide, especially on a country road, but can anyone tell me how to get the car back into auto mode once I have finished "playing" with the paddles. It goes back into auto mode if its onw accord a minute or two after I stop using the paddles, but I can't find any way to force it to go back when I want it to! The handbook doesn't seem to cover the question so if anyone can help me, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks all
Chris

·
Registered
280 Posts
as far as I know there is proper method except for waiting.
Though you can drop the Selector into Sport then back into drive. Or if your'e in Sport - knock it accross to tiptronic and back over to Drive.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
as far as I know there is proper method except for waiting.
Though you can drop the Selector into Sport then back into drive. Or if your'e in Sport - knock it accross to tiptronic and back over to Drive.
Hi Chris, Andy's comments are pretty accurate.

Pressing either of the steering column paddles overrides all other 'auto' settings where it will remain for ~10-15 secs after the last gear selection before reverting to auto.

If you wish to remain in 'paddle' (manual) mode, knock the gear selector over to your left, whereupon you will remain in manual mode indefinately, although it will auto down/up select if you exceed the gearbox limitations (i.e. too low a speed for the given gear or hit the rev limiter), but nevertheless will remain in 'manual' mode thereafter.

If you wish to revert quickly to automode after paddle playing, just sweep the gearlever over to the left and back to drive, where upon it will change to full auto immediately.

Note the above excludes 'sport' mode, but the process is identical.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts