Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have just bought a A5 2.7 tdi with a multitronic 8 speed gearbox. This car was bought at a auction so I was expecting some kind of issues with it. But I only paid 1.7k for it.

The car drives perfectly and changes gear with out any problems. When I leave from a stop the car moves but if I gas it it starts to hit the gearbox (what I mean is if you where to drive a manual put it in to fist and let go of the clutch very harshly you will get some weird humps but then drive away with no problem). But when I gas it very very slowly it drives away with out any problems.

The error code it tells me the engine speed sensor but I don't know where is the sensor ot what sensor its talking about.

I will be changing the gearbox oil and filter sometime this week so I can check that out of the way but I want to know where is this sensor so I can replace it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Hey man, you have the same CVT type unit that I had in my old 3.2 petrol A5. I found the slushbox excellent. The only strange feature I found was at low speeds setting off from cold she would hesitate, then when I changed the gearbox oil she was VERY sensitive to the last 100mL of oil. Get as much oil in as you can and she was almost like a new gearbox, amazing!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Ps the 8 speeds are kind of "virtual" cos as I understand this box is CVT so does not really "change" gear.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As Simon says, the CVT has "virtual" gears. The multitronic has CVT.
I agree with getting gearbox oil changed. Every 30k for the CVT. Its relevantly cheap to do. I really liked the 2.7 CVT when i had one. Lovely smooth box!.

I'm not sure where the engine speed sensor is though so can't help there. Makes sense if sensor giving duff readings back to ECU and ECU limiting engine response on hard acceleration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.