Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a 2009 a5 3.2l. The transmission has been playing up since a mechanic did a service. I got these transmission speed and rpm sensor faults. Finding information is tough and Audi want $231 for a diagnostic. I'm assuming replacing 4 sensors would run over $1000. I'm not super handy with cars but I'm ok.
Any advice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also is the Audi full diagnostic worth it? They said it gives good history and details.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a 2009 a5 3.2l. The transmission has been playing up since a mechanic did a service. I got these transmission speed and rpm sensor faults. Finding information is tough and Audi want $231 for a diagnostic. I'm assuming replacing 4 sensors would run over $1000. I'm not super handy with cars but I'm ok.
Any advice?
Er go back to the monkey who serviced it and get him to sort it out!!!!! I had the same gearbox and over 100k kms I only changed the gearbox oil, had no issues with the transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Er go back to the monkey who serviced it and get him to sort it out!!!!! I had the same gearbox and over 100k kms I only changed the gearbox oil, had no issues with the transmission.
I'm going to get a full diagnostic in a few days. I went to that particular mechanic because everyone said he was really good, family business, close to home etc. He didn't even have the right computer to take off the "service due" message. I'm hoping the full diagnostic will give me more ammo to go back to him with.
Driving the missus' Mazda 3 hatch doesn't have the same feel haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts