Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a P0089 error on my NA 2009 Audi S5 V8. Low fuel pressure out of range. Using VAGCOM I have traced it to no fuel pressure reading (0 psi) at the fuel regulator when I do the Block8/address 103 test.

This indicates to me that the fuel regulator is not reporting it’s fuel pressure, as the car is still running, rather than there being no fuel pressure.

However, I’m not sure which regulator? There is one in one of the High Pressure Fuel Pumps mounted on the cylinder heads. There is also one mounted in the tank pump.

I’ve either got a duff regulator circuit, or broken wire somewhere, but not sure which to trace first.

The cylinder head HPFPs are Hitachi HPP0005 and HPP0006, Does anyone know which has the regulator in?

Narrowing it down, will save me having to replace parts, which would amount to about $1000 if I did everything. I believe it’s a wiring issue as I had previous rodent damage.

TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
2012 S5 v8 had the P0087 code. Replace both hpfp and it's gone.
It might be a bad hpfp. There is not way to replace the regulator only on the hpfp from what I found online.
Car jerk under hard acceleration (cut of power etc...) that was my symptoms. A few weeks later had P2293 code pop up along with P0087

1 - 2 of 2 Posts