Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys in need of help please.
I have bought my wife the 2013 audi a5 2.0LT coupe sline.
Im having problems with the engine shake like a miss firing low idle kind of thing for a short time untill i put it in N and rev it for a bit then it goes away. It happens mainly when i put it in reverse. I had just done the plugs and the oil also the breaks. Used german products and thought that would fix it but its still there. Then i plugged the diagnostics tool in and the P0011 came up I cleared it then it happend again so i got one camshaft sensor replaced it today and still receving the problem. Whats the best to do now?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Good question guys and I am sure that some experts will come soon.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Your car ECU is not happy where the cam position sensor sees the cam.

The engine is also telling you something is wrong with all that shaking.

The cam timing is advanced and retarded by the ECU via the cars oil pressure, an actuator and finally the rotation at the cam itself.

Without test equipment and your willingness for a little DIY, I would look to the cam actuators first by swapping them around and checking for a fault showing up on the opposite cam sensor position.

This my help.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yup, the chain stretched to the point where the computer couldn't compensate anymore. You're quite lucky that th engine didn't skip time. If that happens, we're talking about bent valves, potential damage to piston... that'll be at least USD$3 - $4k to repair.

I recommend you get the timing chain and the plastic timing guides replaced asap. You might also want to have your timing chain tensioner checked while you're at it. If you have the old style tensioner that uses oil pressure, I recommend you update that to the latest version because if the timing chain tensioner fails, you're looking at the same problems described above ($3 - $4K)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts