Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
ordered my car in feb,was informed this week by dealer all cars not yet at factory stage8,will be subject to 5 weeks delay due to "quality issues"last weeks delay im told was a rail strike,my car as been at factory sage 7 (final inspection)for last 4 1/2 weeks, CMON AUDI 10 WEEKS FOR FINAL INSPECTION? have audi got major problems with this model,that they are keeping quiet???? .this coupled with a dealer(WARRINGTON AUDI LANCASTERGROUP)that just doesnt have the time to inform customers of order status(or even answer phone most the time) makes me one un happy audi customer,maybe back to bmw i think.............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
My A5 was ordered end of April,3 weeks ago stealer said,car will be ready for collection end of July,sorted insurance/private plate & payment.Car never showed, today he tells me September?? He says my car is finished?? but blames final quality control checks :mad:

Mal

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah everyone who has a car on order will need to expect a 3-5 week delay. If your car has already been built, you're looking at another 3 weeks. If not, by all accounts, it's a 5 week delay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered two A5's for me and my brother in March and have been told today by Crawley they are unable to confirm that there is actually any production problems of the A5’s.

They tell me the latest publication from audi UK states that in order for us to estimate delivery of your car’s we will need to add 3 weeks to the scheduled production week. Both of your A5’s are scheduled for week 27 which was the 02nd July 2007. Therfore by adding 3 weeks the scheduled production would be week 30( 23rd July)

They have said therefore any car’s that have not passed checkpoint 8 will not be here this month. Mine are apprently at Checkpoint 7.

If that helps anyone at all? I'm guessing both my vehicles will be here in September then.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Please post pics when you get your A5 and thanks for sharing.

I ordered two A5's for me and my brother in March and have been told today by Crawley they are unable to confirm that there is actually any production problems of the A5’s.

They tell me the latest publication from audi UK states that in order for us to estimate delivery of your car’s we will need to add 3 weeks to the scheduled production week. Both of your A5’s are scheduled for week 27 which was the 02nd July 2007. Therfore by adding 3 weeks the scheduled production would be week 30( 23rd July)

They have said therefore any car’s that have not passed checkpoint 8 will not be here this month. Mine are apprently at Checkpoint 7.

If that helps anyone at all? I'm guessing both my vehicles will be here in September then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi got a call from my dealer on Monday the 6th AUG to say that my A5 was to be built week begining the 27th AUG and that I could expect to pick up the keys week begining the 24th September,I ordered it on the 25th of July,can't wait.Are we there yet,are we there yet,are we there yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·

Your only getting problems cos you ordered the inferior model :D

Mines running like a dream as you know :cool:

ps - nice name by the way

·
Registered
106 Posts
I spoke to Audi UK to get to the bottom of this today as everyone seems to be getting mixed up.

1) There is no factory shutdown
2) There is another safety/quality check which has been implemented. This will put all deliveries back up to a maximum of 3 weeks. There was also a mention that existing cars delivered and I guess dealer models will be recalled.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I spoke to Audi UK to get to the bottom of this today as everyone seems to be getting mixed up.

1) There is no factory shutdown
2) There is another safety/quality check which has been implemented. This will put all deliveries back up to a maximum of 3 weeks. There was also a mention that existing crs delivered and I guess dealer models will be recalled.
WoW!!! Pretty gutsy. I applaude Audi!

Probably one of the most important launches in a long time, and they recall already deployed vehicles for an extra safety/quality check.

It's reassuring to me that Audi believes in Safety 1st IF this is true.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.