Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Gary, I'm currently a contractor in Iraq. I ordered my A5 online for pick up in Arizona. Sadly though I don't get back until October 08. But still excited. Wish we could get the 3.0 TDI.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey Globez62, don't envy you being out there right now !! Still you've got a great car to look forward to, so what engine, spec did you order ??

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey - I do know that OMSC / Exchange New Car Sales ( the guys that sell Harleys and Chryslers on post - even in Iraq) - have an office in EUrope called Auto Exchange (located in VOgelweh or Kaiserslautern PX, Germany)that also provides purchases for US SPec Audis, and that deliver stateside at tax free/discounted prices if you are stationed abroad.......

We deal with them for some banking issues - just thought I'd put it through.....

Have a safe deployment. Are you KBR? Haliburton...?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to purchase my vehicle through the Military Auto Sales. I guess anybody working on a contract with the DOD or government is authorized to buy through them. Great deal, you get the vehicle for invoice, but they add about 900 dollars for marketing, administration fees. I ordered the only engine available for the A5, would like to have to 3.0 TDI. So I ordered:

3.2 FSI manual
Premium Package
Technology Package
Nav System
Bang and Olusen

I've currently selected the Ice Silve w/grey, but have been thinking about the deep blue sea peal effect. A lighter color is probably best for the Arizona sun. Also thinking about the Meteor Grey.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My car is in the Houston Port awaiting transportation to Tucson. I leave Iraq in three weeks and should pick up my A5 the day after I get home.

2009 A5 6MT, Meteor Gray, Light Gray, Tech, Prem, Nav Pkg, B&O, Audi Maintenance and filler panel.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tax free is dependent on state law. I was not a contractor.. not military in Iraq... if i was military.. in NY it would be tax free, since I am not.. it is not tax free. I could have saved $3k doing military sales.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to pay the taxes too, I live in Arizona. Still got a great deal through them since I ordered in 07.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Glopez62 - congrats on the car, and looks like the timing is perfect! On top of the excitement of coming back home, I am sure it will be made even better when you pick up your car!:D:D:D

You say your A5 is in the Houston port waiting to be transported to Tucson...has there been any delay in getting the car out of the Houston port? There was a little storm called Ike 10 days ago, and I have been curious to know if there are any delays at the port because of it (lots of the area still without power). My S5 is supposedly on a boat destined for Houston...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, very excited. Based on what my sales rep and coordinator have stated the car is in port and will be shipping soon to the dealer, and will be waiting on me. So I'm assuming that the port is up and running with no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts