Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't know if that is even possible, because I heard they took the electric mechanism that closed the mirrors off, and even if they didn't, they did get rid of the part of the knob that you rotate to in order to fold the mirrors.

I just would like to know why Audi got rid of it, and then didn't put it in any option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Jimmyz. I think its just stupid to get rid of something like that!
I would assume it has something to do with Side Assist being a much more available option. Maybe they couldn't run all the wiring and lights into the mirror without removing the motor to fold them. Just a thought...really wish my '09 A5 had them..oh well...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Electrically folding mirrors still available in some countries

While electrically folding mirrors are not available on MY2009 US spec A5/S5s, they are still available (even with Side Assist) in other countries such as the UK. (See this post.) You'll find the option listed on the Audi UK site's configurator for 175 pounds.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks Jimmyz. I think its just stupid to get rid of something like that!
I may be wrong... if you would like to try, www.OEMPL.us has a 4 way brushed chrome side mirror switch from an RS6 for 45 bucks.

http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_74&products_id=844

You could try connecting it to see if it works when your turn it up to where the fold position would be, but my guess is that Audi took the motor out, but as I said, I could be wrong, and that knob is really nice with that metal around it, and for only 45 bucks, I may even get one to put on my S5 when it comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.