Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5'ers,

Now, I'm soon to be thinking on purchasing another set of wheels for my S5 due to the fact that I just love to customize and plus there are a ton of great aftermarket alternatives..

The question is, and the opinions I'm wanting, is to find out if its smart to sell the originals or to keep them and use them for an optional Winter set..

I really like the factory S5 and they are some of the best wheels I've seen OEM. Blows the BMW 650's away, etc.. My first thought is to keep the OEM and just purchase another set... I have an offer for them at around $1,500 but havent decided what I should do yet.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Winter set? In Houston? hehehehe........

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winter set? In Houston? hehehehe........
haha.. I knew a fellow TX would nail that one down fast.. :D But if I ever go back to Okla. was the reason I said that..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I (being from the north) was thinking something similar (1) dedicated winter set and a (2) summer set. Probably a good idea here but I don't think you'd need both unless you plan on moving very soon or maybe if you take frequent trips to a snowy location.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'd keep the stock wheels. That way when the time comes for you to trade-in or sell your car, you can put the stock wheels back on and then sell the aftermarket ones to another A5/S5 owner. If you sell the car with the aftermarket wheels on it, you won't get back the $,$$$ you paid for those wheels. You'll stand a better chance of getting back more of your money by selling the aftermarket wheels on their own. Or if you later decide to get a newer S5, you could just put your custom wheels on that car.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I'd keep the stock wheels. That way when the time comes for you to trade-in or sell your car, you can put the stock wheels back on and then sell the aftermarket ones to another A5/S5 owner. If you sell the car with the aftermarket wheels on it, you won't get back the $,$$$ you paid for those wheels. You'll stand a better chance of getting back more of your money by selling the aftermarket wheels on their own. Or if you later decide to get a newer S5, you could just put your custom wheels on that car.
This would be my advice in the UK. Many used buyers will not touch non Audi bits.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This would be my advice in the UK. Many used buyers will not touch non Audi bits.
Sounds like a plan... I'll just keep my factory and enjoy them for a little while longer.. Going WheelExperts soon so i'll be having lots of fun.. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts