Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking for a car for myself for the last 4 months and not a clue what i wanted to get i started the test drives,first a Range Rover Sport followed by a Audi Q7,Audi RS4 and the new M3 i finally got my hands on test driving the A5 and S5 in last couple of weeks i have made my mind up and went for the S5,with my car going to be a weekend car for myself i wasnt bothered about miles per gallon,just the performance and the looks and i have to say the S5 blew me away,i had it from my dealer for 4 hours and just didnt want to hand it back in.My dealer is getting spec i want arriving November and will be collecting ealy December.

My Spec Below S5

Phantom Black Pearl Effect
Silk Nappa,Pearl Silver Sport Seats
Dvd Sat Nav + AMI
Phone Preperation In Centre Armrest
Heated Front Seats
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Parking Sensors Front And Rear
Auto Glym Interior & Exterior

I will post pics soon after i get it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Can't be that 'Mad' nice choice. Out of interest what did you think of the new M3

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The M3 i had a test drive was all tooled up with every avavilable extra Blade total cost was just under £58,000 and when you consider the RS4 which i took out for a demo one week before came in new at £53,000 pretty much tooled up the same as the M3 you could not justify the price difference at all infact i thought the interior compared to the RS4 was very bland certainly not worth the extra £5000.The drive was no different than the RS4 in my opinion,it was quick dont get me wrong and handled well but so did the RS4,looking wise hard to tell it looked the buisness but again i thought no better than the RS4.I test drove both of these before i had seen the S5 which i am very pleased about as i nearly put pen to paper on the RS4 about 2 months ago.
If you think a average S5 comes in at £45,000 tooled up that is a saving of £18,000 to the M3 i drove omg i am so pleased i didnt go for that,the drive of the S5 was a lot better than the RS4 and the new M3 only in my opinion and like i say drove all three now and with the S5 having just about the power of the other two and is the better looking car in and out,for a weekend car it just has to be the S5 for me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nipper do you have any pics of your S5?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.