Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just ordered an Aruba Blue A5 with Sline exterior package. It is supposed to hit Dubai shores late June. However the dealership claims that the Sline may not be offered on my unit as it may not be applicable for the Middle East. Isnt the Sline exterior purely a body kit? Why would that need customisation for different countries?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hi, I just ordered an Aruba Blue A5 with Sline exterior package. It is supposed to hit Dubai shores late June. However the dealership claims that the Sline may not be offered on my unit as it may not be applicable for the Middle East. Isnt the Sline exterior purely a body kit? Why would that need customisation for different countries?
Hey Navin, welcome to the forum, having been on this forum a while now it has become obvious that Audi does not offer the same spec and options for cars in different countries.

From what I can tell Germany gets the most options to choose from and it always seems like Audi decide at random what is available to customers across different countries, although i'm sure standards and regulations in the different countries also factor into what is available at time of order.

To be honest the S-line styling is nothing special, if I were you I would import a body kit from a tuner if you want to change the styling, there are some nice looking ones. Caracetre recently showed their kit at Geneva which looks quite good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Stylin' with the A5

I have an A5 with the S line package and was wondering if the trunk (boot) lid is the same as the one on the S5? From all the pics you nice people have been uploading and the material from the dealership, I cannot tell if the spoiler is the same. Also, what is adaptive about the adaptive headlights. In the sales brochure it states, "...adaptive headlights with automatic self-leveling..." I thought I was getting the lights which follow the steering wheel direction, but I did not. What should I have ordered?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quickag, the 'adaptive' lights are part of the Technology Package which includes the keyless operation. This is the only option to get those lights. If you do not have keyless start/stop, then you do not have adaptive lights. They are only active by the way at a certain speed at night so hard to tell sometimes if you are going slowly. I have the same question about that rear lip on the trunk by the way. I looked at an S5 and A5 side by side and there is such a small difference, it's very hard to tell the difference. The book does state that with te Sline options, you do get the S5 lid. I have an A5 with Sline and I can't tell.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Adaptive lights, Tech package, got it.

Thanks Frank. I do think you and I have the S5 spoiler. As I look at it more often from different angles, it seems to be quite high. Of course I haven't seen any other stock A5s around Phoenix--I've been told my beauty was the first--so I haven't had a comparison.

Drive carefully and keep right, that may be me in your rear view mirror!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts