Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Ordered an A5 (U.S.)

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  PeteA5 
#1 ·
I went in and ordered my A5 today. Got it fully loaded except for the "Genuine Milano leather seats" because I didn't fully understand the option. Salesman said it just means fully wrapped instead of leather only in "seating areas". Can anyone shed light on that option?

Anyway, since someone was kind enough to point out that invoice pricing just came out in the new thread, I printed that and brought it with me. Salesman was a good guy. After totaling up MSRP with the options he immediately went into invoice talk and said he didn't know what it was yet. So, it was nice to be able to whip that out (and have info he didn't have yet!). We agreed on 4% over invoice (when they get their invoice info). Comes out to about a 3.4% discount. I was happy just to avoid paying full MSRP, really.

He feels like the A5s will start delivering as early as late January/beginning of February. That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

#2 ·
Congrats! I got 6% below MSRP through the Audi Supplier program.

Did you get the S-Line package and what other options did you choose?

Regarding the Milano Leather option, I think it's just a different kind of leather. On the sides of the seats, it's usually plastic but this option wraps that area with leather.

Again congrats!

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks! Yes, I got the S-Line package and all other options except the Milano leather. So, S-Line dictates the black interior (which I wouldn't have chosen otherwise) and metal inlays. But I tortured over the exterior color. I chose Meteor Gray but am heavily considering Phantom Black (only available with S-Line, I think?). I can still change my mind on that and may do so. For those who haven't seen Meteor Gray in person, the A5/S5 microsite is very misleading when you choose that color..to the point of looking like a mistake. No green whatsoever. More a dark grey with blue in it..and way too light on the site. But I'm sure more accurate photos have been posted anyway. I took some of the S5 (meteor gray/red interior) they had there and will post a couple when I pull them off the camera. The exhaust note was astounding on the S5.

Thanks for the word on Milano leather...I'm glad I passed on that one.

#4 ·
I also ordered all the options, except Milano Leather and the S-Line/19" Wheel upgrade. I need the All-Wheel Drive performance for the winters over here. I am hoping to get the A5 S-Line rear bumper through the parts department. Otherwise, pretty content on everything else being as it is.

#5 ·
Congrats!! I completed my fully loaded order a week ago and it included the Sline Milano seats. Well I am not sure where the salesman received his info, but I did my own research with Audi over in Europe. The Milano seats are special ordered hand-made seats of Italien leather. It is not a reference to a fully leather seat. I hope that I was able to shead a little light on it for you.

#6 ·
Hmm....that sounds more appropriate for the name, of course. Thanks for the information. If this is an S5 option, I may go check it out when they get it in. And interesting that there the option meshes with the S-Line seats when you go that route.

I also asked my dealer about side assist and he has nothing thus far. I'm not sure what the "delayed availability" in the brochure means, but I'd really like to have that feature. I hope it can at least be added later for the same price if not ready for the first round of deliveries.

#13 ·
Hmm....that sounds more appropriate for the name, of course. ... And interesting that there the option meshes with the S-Line seats when you go that route.
Okay, looking back at the order sheet Milano seats aren't even available with the S-Line - so that takes care of that, at least for me! If you are able to get S-Line package PLUS Milano, Soulja, let me know..otherwise, looks like they are going to have to adjust your order.

#11 ·
Yeah, I went to the Audi dealership to find out some info here in Sarasota and I wasn't too pleased with the service either... The lady told me she knows nothing of an A5 and after spending an hour with her looking at other things she told me she was only there a couple of weeks :confused:

No disrespect to her, but I would rather spend that kind of money on a car with a sales person that knows exactly what they're talking about.

Kind of off topic... Is the MMI a standard in all USA A5s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.