Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After me earlier post about which paint finish to go for I have decided to dig a little deeper and got for it.

Just ordered the following.....

A5 Sport 3.0 TDI Quattro - 6 speed

Phantom Black
Milano leather Black
Audi Parking System Plus
19 '5-spoke Y' design alloy wheels
Advanced key
Satellite Navigation system Plus
AMI
Bluetooth Prep Low

I am soooo excited .... only a few months to wait now!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's taking too long!!

It's been 9 days now and it's still not arrived .... I have no idea how I am going to get through this wait....

This week in order to pass time I have:
1. Got really ill, spent most of the week sleeping and vomiting. My wife told me I was clearly allergic to spending thousands of pounds.

2. Got a new iPhone3G, but even with that excitement the days are still only plodding by.

I need the days to go quicker! .... what was that my Grandma used to say about wishing your life way?

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's taking too long!!

It's been 9 days now and it's still not arrived .... I have no idea how I am going to get through this wait....

This week in order to pass time I have:
1. Got really ill, spent most of the week sleeping and vomiting. My wife told me I was clearly allergic to spending thousands of pounds.

2. Got a new iPhone3G, but even with that excitement the days are still only plodding by.

I need the days to go quicker! .... what was that my Grandma used to say about wishing your life way?
If you're this messed right now just wait until about 2 months have gone by! Or better yet, when you have updated info that its been:
A) In the Factory order bank
B) In production
C) Waiting for inspection
D) Being transported
E) Arrived at port
F) Arrived at Dealer

I'm waiting for E and F, and it's driving me mad!!! I only have about 2 ~ 3 weeks more to wait and it's getting worse every day. :) Soon...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Build week Confirmed!

Just got an email confirming my build week of week 35 .... how many more steps is there before blast around countryside in new car??

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the new car coming your way. I too am in the same boat. I find myself looking at wheels, exhaust, etc. To pass the time by faster, but it just makes me want my car faster...lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got an update last week saying my car is currently in "Final Assembly" .... in my head that means they are putting the wheels on and then that's it.

Was gutted this morning driving to work, I drove past a 58 plate A5 in Black .... I want mine!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got an email saying my car is at the dealership! ... wahoo!!

I've now gone from having a couple of weeks to sort various things out to wanting to get everything sorted as quick as possible ... I am sooooooo excited now!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only a few days until you get it then I shouldn't wonder?
Yep, picking it up on Tuesday 9th. I will ensure my camera is fully charged to I can post some photos.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Urg this thread is depressing, look how clean my car is in my post above lol. Should see it now! no wash for nearly 2k miles. Tommorow is the big clean for the meet on saturday.

Anyway congrats on the car irberry, look forward to some pics :).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just got an email saying my car is at the dealership! ... wahoo!!

I've now gone from having a couple of weeks to sort various things out to wanting to get everything sorted as quick as possible ... I am sooooooo excited now!!
I know what you mean, mine is at the dealership and will be ready for collection next week. Counting the hours even though its still a week away!

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not long now....

Needed to drop my insurance docs of at the dealership over the weekend and managed to take a few pics on MY car with my phone. I am so looking forward to taking her for a spin.... 1 day and 13 hours to go....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks great - the Sundym looks particularly cool..........:cool: :D

Cheers
Addy

·
Registered
552 Posts
I know what you mean, mine is at the dealership and will be ready for collection next week. Counting the hours even though its still a week away!

Enjoy the car!
I was nosing round the forecourt of Bexley Audi this afternoon and I'm pretty sure I saw your A5. All I can say is very, very nice! Enjoy when you take delivery.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was nosing round the forecourt of Bexley Audi this afternoon and I'm pretty sure I saw your A5. All I can say is very, very nice! Enjoy when you take delivery.
Possibly you could have seen my car, I am picking her up on Thursday after I get back from a business trip Wednesday night. Looks like you got to see her before me after all!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Less than 24 hours to go ....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Less than 12 hours to go ....

Is it me or is today going much slower than normal?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts