Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys been reading the forum for a while, got my build date the other day should get my s5 by end of march. i currently drive a new shape 2.0tt had it since last oct, with the s5 i ordered it exactly how i wanted and have not worried about the resale value, took a test drive yesterday at glasgow audi and was absolutely blown away, the grip was unbeleivable and the engine noise was just sweet, got me really excited and just cant wait now. still got a deposit down for new m3 but the s5 just seems so much more special for less money. also was told by my dealer that they themselves chip cars under warranty wasnt aware of this and prob wont go for it straight away wait and see how i find the s5 after a few months. anyway this is the spec i ordered it in and like i said i just specced it exactly how i want it and worry about the rest later.

ibis white, magma red leather, steel mesh inserts,bang and oulfsen, comfort pack, heated front seats, sat nav, mmi, dab radio, panoramic roof, silver roof lining, parking sensors, keyless entry.

total came to just under 47000. let me know what you guys think of my spec

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hey shaz, welcome to the forum. Im assuming your from Scotland (please add location to your profile).

I had an order down for the new M3 too but I cancelled it for the S5 because I didnt think the M3 was worth the extra 10K....and the interior was crap too, which was a big turn off for me too....when you spend that kind of money you want to feel like your sitting in something special.

Great spec you've got there, looks like I wont be the only white S5 cruzing the streets on Glasgow - my S5 is speced up quite similar to yours, you can see my spec from my signature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forgot to add i got bluetooth and cruise control as well, saj have you driven both s5 and m3 yet, im still tempted to test the m3 but the looks inside and out put me right of, did you order your car from glasgow audi? and did you get a discount?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
forgot to add i got bluetooth and cruise control as well, saj have you driven both s5 and m3 yet, im still tempted to test the m3 but the looks inside and out put me right of, did you order your car from glasgow audi? and did you get a discount?
Yeh driven both, thing with the M3 is that its a car in my opinion you would have to drive hard to get the extra fun that most people go on about....but to be honest on real roads where you cant afford to have the cars ass slide on to the otherside of the road when pushing it is a bit of a minus for me. Yes the car will be quicker to 60mph and even fast to 100mph but its marginal.

On the looks side of it, well it looks nothing special, i've passed 2 on the road and didn't realise they were M3s until I got up real close. My passenger in the car at the time didn't notice and thought it was just a bog standard 3 series. And to be real honest when you pay over 50k for a car you dont want people to think its just another 3 series.

If i was going to buy a BMW coupe I would actually go for the 335d. (At this price I could deal with the crap interior) I would rather it than the A5 3.0 TDI as I found that the power delivery and torque that it pumped out was just awsome and made the A5 feel much slower in comparision. Handling wise yes the A5 has more grip in the wet but in the dry I felt they were quite evenly matched.

My S5 has been ordered from down south reasons being:-

1. The guy I use to deal with at Edinburgh Audi has now left Audi and there are no decent salesman left there.
2. I refuse to buy a car from Glasgow Audi as the service from them has been crap every time I've been to them and thats from 6 years experience buying 4 different Audis all of which ended up coming from Edinburgh Audi instead. On top of that because Glasgow are the biggest in Scotland they have a very arrogant attitude and are very tight on discounts. Once you have ordered the car they dont give a damn after you've got it.

As for discount, never got discount, but whenever I bought an Audi from Edinburgh they use to always throw something in, e.g They stuck a tracker on my mates RS4 Cabriolet for him and did the same for my bros 2.0 TT Roadster and did the Auto Glym life shine...so better than nothing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think you have hit the nail on the head with your comments about glasgow audi. I now wish I had ordered from elsewhere.They dont deserve the business.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I think you have hit the nail on the head with your comments about glasgow audi. I now wish I had ordered from elsewhere.They dont deserve the business.
From what I know Edinburgh Audi also owned Stirling Audi and Glasgow Audi bought Edinburh Audi over last year so going to any of the 3 garages now is all the same. Hence the reason my order has gone to a dealer down south.

So now what I do is I use the scottish dealers for test drives and order the car elsewhere. My way of getting back at them for the years of crap service.

And when it comes to delivery of my car, I can have it sent up to Scotland or I can collect it from the dealer if I happen to be in the area at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts