Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stumbled across this car (located in Spain) on another forum. So is this the same color as the RS4 "glut orange"? Depending upon the lighting, it looks quite similar to that color.

See the last pic where I put the two cars side-by-side for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Glut Orange RS4

Here are pics of an RS4 in Glut Orange for comparison:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I guess if you're from Spain, then 'Orange' is acceptable!

...The man from Del Monte he say "Yes!"

But OMG that's foul.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Oh my eyes....Why would you choose that ????...sorry to whoever owns it and to the guy who posted here the other day saying he'd ordered Gluy Orange, but that is just wrong..Yeah TX i'd say that is glut orange, unlikely Audi would have two shades so close.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That orange looks hot! I like!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I like it. But for some reason I think it's just a bit too loud. It just screams "LOOK AT ME!" which I dont like.

Each to their own, though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I like it. Wouldn't dream of having it for myself because of all the negative attention it would attract in the UK (wife won't even let me have red).

Would be kind of easy to find if it ever got stolen, though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes I got an S5 on order in that color, Everybody is totally allowed to think what they want about colors. I live in an area of highend cars and if you remotely want to be seen it has to have some color to it. There is a Silver and a black S5 living around where I live and they are just drowned out with all the Porsches,Ferraris Lambos highend Bimmer/Mercedes here.

Mine is going to be lowered 1 inch with most likely 360 Forged 20x10 with orange centers and polished lip wheels. yes it will be loud (style wise) and I understand that a lot of people do not want that, the only objection I have to someone not likeing the color is that they say it is okay on one type of car but not another,
either you like it our you do not. Hopefully mine will be the only S5 in this color.
in any case there will not be many that is for sure.

Tonny

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes I got an S5 on order in that color, Everybody is totally allowed to think what they want about colors. I live in an area of highend cars and if you remotely want to be seen it has to have some color to it. There is a Silver and a black S5 living around where I live and they are just drowned out with all the Porsches,Ferraris Lambos highend Bimmer/Mercedes here.

Mine is going to be lowered 1 inch with most likely 360 Forged 20x10 with orange centers and polished lip wheels. yes it will be loud (style wise) and I understand that a lot of people do not want that, the only objection I have to someone not likeing the color is that they say it is okay on one type of car but not another,
either you like it our you do not. Hopefully mine will be the only S5 in this color.
in any case there will not be many that is for sure.

Tonny
TonnyG, please take no offense since I mean none but I too hope yours is the only S5 in this color. Then again in Iowa I would blend in well at harvest time.:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Boomer
I take no offense what so ever.
If everyone liked everything the same way, we would be back to when Ford only made cars in black and that wouldn't be much fun would it. I think it is great that Audi is offering their customers the possibility to order any Audi color they make on any car even though it costs more. I would have preferred the Lambo Orange Pearl on it but couldn't get that here in the US, I've heard that in Europe you could order that color but for like $8000 upcharge (I wouldn't spent that even if it was available here) the other way would be to just order a white one and have it custom painted, but repaint a brand new car doesn't really sound like a great plan.

Tonny

·
Registered
483 Posts
+1 on the custom paint.... they are charging sooooo much for custom paint that i just cannot justify the cost to myself.... i would definitely go for it if it was only about $1000 or so.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
not my style, but DEFINITELY a head turner.

·
Registered
315 Posts
any color you choose, the S5 is still guaranteed to be fun to drive :D

the yellow and orange is not bad, but I think a black roof with black rims with orange centers or lip would look pretty sweet, but the silver mirrors might offset it.

btw, what color interior did you get, plus the carbon inlays should be automatic with this color.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So while we're on the topic of LOUD colors, here's a Kawasaki green one for ya. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
holy crap.... is that a real photo or is that photoshopped?
i actually like that colour better than the glut orange... tho i would get neither colour myself .... takes away the grace, elegance, and class of the car in my opinion...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
holy crap.... is that a real photo or is that photoshopped?
Photoshop I had found a while back on a German forum. (I think.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
very nice

I wouldnt have thought the S5 would look this good in Orange but man it's hot! Hey don't forget you can get a Murcielago and other high end cars in orange these days, it's very in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts