Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I'm aware, U.S. spec A5's do not get sport seats as an option (unless you order the S-line package). Can other people confirm that to still be the case?

I figured I would start this thread to post pics of what the standard seats look like so that A5 buyers in the U.S. will know exactly what to expect. The U.S. brochure that I have is misleading in that it shows interior pics of an A5 with sport seats (obviously a Euro spec). There are no pics of the standard seats in the brochure.

Pic on the left below shows the standard seats. I gather this is the type of seat that all U.S. A5 buyers will get. (Again, I'm excluding the S-line since it does come with sport seats...but only in black.)

Pic on the right shows what the sport seats look like (if we could get them in the U.S. on a regular A5).

Hopefully this information will be helpful to U.S. A5 buyers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*cough*

Never received any replies to this one, but I expect we should have an answer next week! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
All I can say is that I remember reading somewhere that the R8 sport seats are not available in the US because of US air bag regulations.

·
Registered
72 Posts
TXcarguy thanks for this. I was starting to have doubts about whether I got the sports I ordered. Thanks to this comparison I can confirm that I have.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I didn't order an S-Line, so can't help you out too much. However, I'll bet others will have more info on this soon...(real soon) ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't order an S-Line, so can't help you out too much. However, I'll bet others will have more info on this soon...(real soon) ;)
Actually Arvin, you are one of the few people on this forum who CAN soon confirm the answer to the question (i.e., whether a U.S. spec'd NON-S-line A5 comes with "standard" seats as shown in the pic on the left). :) We already know the S-line will come with the sport seats.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ahhh...I see. Mis-read. Still bouncing off the walls as I'm expecting to pick-up my car tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mystery solved!

Thanks to forum member Greeney who posted a link to some pics of a U.S. spec A5 and S-line, the mystery about the A5 seats has been solved! As you'll see below, it appears the U.S. spec A5 (non S-line) WILL get the standard seats.

Audi ... are you listening? You could have easily gotten some more money out of me (and I'm sure plenty of other U.S. A5 owners) if you would have provided an a la carte option to choose sport seats for the A5! :cool:

Left pic: A5

Right pic: S-line

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive been doin a bunch of research on this and.. yeah the situation is quite lame.

you can get sports seats via the S-line, albeit only in black. and that seems to be it. I want the seats in silver (and I'm in the US)—so I seem to be out of luck.

unless Im wrong. i really hope i am..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Audi ... are you listening? You could have easily gotten some more money out of me (and I'm sure plenty of other U.S. A5 owners) if you would have provided an a la carte option to choose sport seats for the A5! :cool:

Seriously!! I would've paid extra for the s-line if i could've paid even more (though i shouldnt have to) to change the color to silver (Which isnt even an option for us)

but if im not mistaken, you can in europe?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately, you're not wrong, oni0n. I really wanted the S-line package, but ultimately decided not to get it after I found out the interior was limited only to black (which I did not want). I too would have gladly paid the cost for the S-line package if other interior colors had been available in the U.S. As for other S-line interior colors being available in Europe, I don't know the answer. But IMO, it's a moot point as it doesn't help us here in the U.S. even if other interior colors were offered elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seriously!! I would've paid extra for the s-line if i could've paid even more (though i shouldnt have to) to change the color to silver (Which isnt even an option for us)

but if im not mistaken, you can in europe?
I did run across a pic (see last pic in this post) of a Euro spec S-line with beige interior. Of course, this particular one could have been spec'd that way as part of the "Audi exclusive" option available in Europe that allows you to totally customize the interior/exterior colors. Who knows. Anyway, just an FYI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in the Czech Republic the S-line interior is available only in black. But you can get the sports seats without S-line. However, I wanted an all-black dash and in the A5 you have to get a black and grey dash if you get grey or silver seats.

I ordered my car today. I got the 3.0 TDI quattro S-line.

The main reason I got the S-line is it allowed me to order the Avus Silver exterior color without having to pay for Audi Exclusive Paint. It also got me some other features that I wanted anyway.

I was thinking of maybe getting the car without the S-line exterior packet. I am not sure if I like it better than the standard exterior. My wife likes the S-line exterior better, so I got the exterior S-line packet as well.

I also was lucky that the dealer had three A5s in the showroom each with different wheels. One had the 19" Y wheels which I think look best in the photos but not as good in person. The 18" V wheels looked better to me in person. The S-line here comes with 18" 5-star wheels, which look ordinary in the photos but looked good to me in person. So I got those because they were included in the S-line price anyway.

Another interesting thing I learned was that with the S-line sport suspension there is a 30mm drop which I think is too much. I made a free substitution for the "normal" sport suspension which has a 10mm drop. The S-line in the showroom had the 10mm drop and it looks ok to me. I drove a car with the 19" Y and without the sport suspension and I liked it, so I hope the 18" with the 10mm drop will be about the same.

Now I have to wait about 3 months for the car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm kinda glad that I'll be getting the standard seats. Looks like it'll fit better for my fat a$$! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.