Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have been a part of these forums for some time now. I mostly just read and don't post but I think it's time. I was looking for an A5 when they first came out, but the only problem was that Audi delayed the release another 6 months(2nd time doing that) so I ran over to BMW and got myself an e92 328xi coupe. My lease ends within the next year and I would like some feedback on the A5. What are some problems that are "normal" for the car? What can I expect in terms of quality and service? Reliability? My BMW so far has been great. No rattles or creaks. How do you guys like your A5's? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Looking forward soon owning my first Audi.

P.S. My family is a BMW family, we've owned 7 BMW's in the past 8 years.

·
Registered
337 Posts
RG, where are you when you are needed ? Someone wants an opinion about Audi versus BMW !

·
Registered
337 Posts
Apologies Hot Ice, probably my fault for inviting RG to comment. RG is a fellow member with a legendary dislike of the (current) BMW range equal to his love of Audi (provided it's a top end V6 A5 or S5 in pearl effect black with satnav (trade-in value), at least 19" wheels (must be audi, preferably Y design) and absolutely no modifications, not even a personalised number plate).

In reply to your original question you will find an abundance of information on the forum about the good and bad points of the A5/S5 range, the vast majority being positive. Probably best to just have a good look around.

Personally I have been hugely impressed by my car after 6 months and 7000 miles. I'm sure there are better cars out there but for me the A5 is a great combination of styling, performance, reliability and value for money.

Good luck in your search for a new car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't directly compare my 3.0 TDI Sport to a BMW having never driven a Beemer.

However, I can say that other than a faulty airbag sensor (replaced under warranty) I have no problems and the car has just gone past 28K miles. No rattles or squeaks, no problems with wear on the seats or anything. The MMI is OK (though I do long for simple buttons every now and again) and the things like the Advanced Keyless entry, bluetooth enabled phone, voice interface turned out better than I expected. The only thing that is rubbish is the SAT NAV. Not being able to put in the full post code in the UK is a real pain in the arse.

The engine is superb, the ride better than my previous Audi(s) (even on the 19-inch wheels), and fuel consumption is pretty good for what is a big car best I've seen is 47mpg for a 150 mile trip).

Oh yes, and it does look good.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Most current BMW's NO Thanks

Good to hear Baggers A5 is performing well..

Nike Nike.... Contrary to what some may think I have been very busy of late.... perhaps you should have PM'd me! and yes I do hate most BMW's (based on visual and driving experiences BUT it is not fair to say I only like Audi's ....'provided it's a top end V6 A5 or S5 in pearl effect black with satnav (trade-in value), at least 19" wheels (must be audi, preferably Y design) and absolutely no modifications, not even a personalised number plate).'

All Audi's are pretty much OK. I personally prefer Quattro and big engines. some mods are fine (tasteful ones are rare though IMHO) and I don't see the point of PP's sorry...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.