Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 days and counting for my STaSIS single tipped SS exhaust and 28mm hollow rear anti-roll bar. I went over to their website to hear what it sounds like. It does have a "Ferrari-ish" sound to it. Wonder what it'll really sound like in person. :D

I know it's been reported before so I can't wait!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose, CA

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both the exhaust and anti-roll bar were installed today. Just got home so I can't say much about the handling improvements but I can talk a bit about the exhaust.

At idle, I didn't notice much difference. Just a slight low resonance just ahead of the seats, but otherwise, if the radio was on, you'd never notice it. But any amount of input on the go pedal and a low resonance is very noticable. Personally, it's not that annoying but it is noticable so the wife is going to figure it out REAL SOON!

Once you get to speed and hold it (i.e. 65mph) it's about where it was at idle, just a tad more elevated but nowhere near the acceleration bass-howl.

It reminds me a bit of my 1.8T with the Neuspeed/JetEx setup except it's deeper due to two more cylinders.

STaSIS claims 10-15 HP increase. I do notice a bit different feel at launch but without a true dyno reference, it's all subjective at this point. I feel something different but that's all I'm willing to say.

I guess the day we're both in the car, will be the day she finds out I did something. You know how it goes, easier to beg for forgiveness than permission. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts