Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just ordered an S5 last friday - given production date as May with delivery expected first week of June 2008.

Ordered the car in Deep Sea Blue silver leather.

Budget at the top end of my company car list so limited on options.

Just one question is 17 mpg a realistic mpg figure for urban (non city) driving with a bit of motorway travel.

Also any pics of an S5 in the above colour combination would be most welcome.

Thanks VM

·
Registered
41 Posts
How can a brand new order have a production date and a delivery date already? There are people here w/ October orders who haven't a clue as to when they will take delivery...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ive ordered the same exterior (DSB) with the pearl silver, tiptronic. Order, early February, still in system, wont get an allocation until mid march at earliest. Just goes to show that all reasons we are getting here in the US are excuses for Audi, who just doesnt want to give away the profits from selling those cars in Europe.

Please keep us posted as to how your situation goes, because if your situation and delivery date end up accurate, then we are getting hosed here in the US. And that would be pretty lame indeed. It's really quite ok for Audi to say look, we want to make money. If they are deceiving us with stories about engine production delays, that is really bad business, and will make for bad PR. (hint hint)

I'll post pics of the DSB with pearl silver once I learn how.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My car is up to 17.0mpg average on trip #2. I picked it up w/ 45 miles and 7.0 average. 90%+ of my miles are suburban driving on 25, 35, and occasionally 45 mph roads. I find the best thing to get the mileage up is to depress the clutch when going downhill. Instant mpg goes up into the 50-80 mpg range while coasting downhill at idle. If I leave it in gear my 3 mile commute home is ~17 mpg. If I depress the clutch it is ~20 mpg. This is at an average speed of 24-27 mph.

·
Registered
204 Posts
scottwho

I'm in the same boat ordered a couple of weeks ago, promised build late april/early may, delivery late May/early June. I think it has to do with if the dealer have an actual allocation or not if they can give you any fairly reliable date.

Tonny

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with Tony G, it must have something to do with dealer allocation, when I ordered mine 2 weeks ago the dealer had an allocation for one being built for their showroom, I was able to take that allocation and my current delivery date is the week of 5/12.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am not sure what to think. There are certainly many factors that must affect order-delivery times. I have an S5 ordered 12-16-07 from dealer allocation in Central Virginia. I am in a smaller town and my dealer doesn't have the sales volume of larger dealers in larger metropolitan areas of Northern Virginia. I am assuming this is why my allocated car isn't supposed to be pulled for production until mid-March, expecting May-June delivery. I would imagine the larger dealers have more clout with Audi reps and get more attention when it comes to allocated cars. Any allocated car should at least have a commision number so if your dealer can't give you a commision number they don't have an allocation and your wait will be longer. One nice thig about the long wait is it gives you time to think about your specs. I recently decided to upgrade to the B&O sound system after so many posts here were positive.:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
To those reporting those numbers, are you finding them from just looking at the computer, or by doing the math at the pump between fill ups?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The production information was supplier through several different dealers in the UK, and came direct from Audi UK.

That said the orders must be flooding in thick and fast as the date for newly ordered cars seems to be extending.

Once the new Blockbuster film - "Iron Man" comes out in the spring - with the S5 and R8 featured heavily then demand will outstrip supply

1 - 11 of 11 Posts