Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my wonderful saleslady. My car should be here next Tuesday! Of course this would happen as I have to leave town for work for a week. However they will put the tint and clear bra on and have it ready to go when I get back in town on the 10th.

Pictures will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I just got a call from my wonderful saleslady. My car should be here next Tuesday! Of course this would happen as I have to leave town for work for a week. However they will put the tint and clear bra on and have it ready to go when I get back in town on the 10th.

I saw a Meteor S5 with Clear Bra and it looked horrendous. Not to say yours will, but the way the hood slopes in the front, the line was clearly visible.

Just a heads up.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It tends to matter which level of product is used. We make sticker kits for our karts here. We have 4-5 levels of clear coat. Some are cheaper clear bra product. There is a huge difference in the thickness and clarity of the products. The cheap stuff is very thick and dull. It would be really easy to see. The expensive stuff (over 5x the price) would look really good.

I don't have the templates or I would do it myself.

·
Registered
338 Posts

congrats!! You'll love her. Pictures of the front in different lighting would be helpful for those considering the clear bra because the front of the car is quite nice and you don't want to change it if possible. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It tends to matter which level of product is used. We make sticker kits for our karts here. We have 4-5 levels of clear coat. Some are cheaper clear bra product. There is a huge difference in the thickness and clarity of the products. The cheap stuff is very thick and dull. It would be really easy to see. The expensive stuff (over 5x the price) would look really good.

I don't have the templates or I would do it myself.
Oh I see, that's good to know...

Post up some pics when you have her.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for posting that good info. I almost went for a clear bra, but I'm also concerned about the look. I don't want to see the line, but as wrx_xb9r mentions, different materials will play a role in how it ultimately looks.

I saw a Meteor S5 with Clear Bra and it looked horrendous. Not to say yours will, but the way the hood slopes in the front, the line was clearly visible.

Just a heads up.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats wrx_xb9r, very nice! Looking forward to your pics!

·
Registered
10 Posts
YAHOO! My car is here and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I am the 1st to get an ordered car from my dealer in Seattle. They got a couple black/black cars that I had the option to get but I wanted to wait for my car.

Meteor Gray, Black Interior, Carbon and all options! Pictures to come soon! :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
YAHOO! My car is here and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I am the 1st to get an ordered car from my dealer in Seattle. They got a couple black/black cars that I had the option to get but I wanted to wait for my car.

Meteor Gray, Black Interior, Carbon and all options! Pictures to come soon! :D
Good for you and trust me you will love it.
See you're in Seattle but some us are not so it would be helpful if you add your location to your sig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i got the meteor with black interior. Mine was a cancelled order so didnt have the torment of a waiting list but very pleased with that combo which is what i would have gone for in any case, so i convinced myself it was destiny when the dealer called. had it a week and nearly clocked 400 miles, such a joy not seeing any other S5's on the road. going to miss my baby when i leave the uk for 3 weeks hols in the us today...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the car finally arrived. A little later than expected. January 2nd, 2008 was the delivery day. The car was originally supposed to be here in mid to late October.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Congrats WRX. I almost ordered the Rial Nogaro wheels, but ended up with the Sport Editions, as you saw from my pics. It was funny looking at your pics after having seen the car with the 18" Rial Nogaros on the TireRack configurator. I had a strong sense of Deja Vu.

No snow last night here in Central NJ, only rain. So, still can't report on how the Dunlops do in the snow. But every time I have the car out in the wet I can't get over how well the Dunlop 3Ds do. It's like driving on velcro.

Enjoy. I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the car. It looks great. I took delivery of mine last week and had them installed the 3M clear bra on mine and you cannot tell the difference unless it is dirty. even dirty could cant bearly tell.

Stupid question, how do you post pictures. Some people asked me to post interior pics and I have been trying. Still junior!! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.