Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it happened exactly 1 year after placing the order for the car... i had to wait 6 months for the car...

someone cut me off trying to do a U turn... i did not even had time to hit the breaks... no one was hurt... but the car did not survive...

all the other guy could say was "there are no words to tell you how sorry i am" :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
:yikes: Glad noone was hurt, the car looks totalled though, all airbags deployed, shows its a safe place to be in an accident.. Sorry for you, lets hope its replacement wont take too long to arrive.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ouch! Glad the airbags and the car did their job and protected you.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
:yikes:

god good just shows you how protected you really are, can i ask what speed were you doin at time of impact?

on a high note, fancy selling me your alloys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
:end: Ouch!! Glad no one was hurt...

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's a tough break mate, are you OK?

What was the other car? How does it look?

I hope insurance allows you to get back into the '5' saddle again!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Good that everyone is OK, thats all that matters.

A lot of that might buff out :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
this makes me sad

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Wow - that's really disappointing to see. I am glad to hear that no one was hurt. What are the insurance laws in Romania? Are all drivers required to carry insurance?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the car is not going to be totalled... i just got word from audi and the engine aparently is not affected... so it's just bodywork, radiatos, other stuff that was in the front bumper, plus all the interior...
for it to be totalled the damage should have been at around 40.000EU since the car is insured at 65.000EU...

everything is gonna be done on the other guy's insurance since it was his fault... what surprised me was that the police did not suspend his licence... he only got 3 points and less than 100EU fine... :( anyway... no one was hurt, it's just metal... it can be fixed... it will take time... but it will be OK.

i estimate i was doing about 80 km/h...

·
Registered
124 Posts
this makes me sad
I told my wife I was going to drive around with a bat and pray that no one ever damages my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like your thinking, Frostbyte.

Think their sonar would be like a parking aid whilst moving at speed.They could warn you of impending collision by flapping their wings a lot, perhaps.
That new Volvo 60 whatsit has something similar but mounting a flying rodent to the bonnet of one's motor seems a bit classier.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

Think their sonar would be like a parking aid whilst moving at speed.They could warn you of impending collision by flapping their wings a lot, perhaps.
That new Volvo 60 whatsit has something similar but mounting a flying rodent to the bonnet of one's motor seems a bit classier.
LOL... I like your interpretation of his post. Clever.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Hahaha.... I love this forum!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts