Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took delivery of the car dealer said i may need to put oil in after 2000 - 3000 miles but shoud only do this when the car asks for oil.

I've now done 4200 miles and checking the oil level it still reads 3/4 full with Oil Level Ok on the MMI.

Should I top this back up to full or only put oil in once the car asks for it as instructed by the dealer?:confused:

Any advice would be appreciated

Glenn

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The S5s are a bit thirstier than the A5 engines. I needed to put some in at 2500 miles but I have a dipstick and relied on the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I still wonder the same thing. The dealer advised the oil will need toped up more than my last honda, in part because of the oil in the audi being synthetic. And to check it every 600 miles. Its not a problem checking it with the electronic check on the computer. But it has hardly used any oil which I am happy about, but the free courtesy oil is still waiting to be opened.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've done nearly 2.5k miles and the MMI is showing in the middle, should it be on Full or in the middle when its OK?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Should I top this back up to full or only put oil in once the car asks for it as instructed by the dealer?:confused:
No need to top it off. You can just wait until the MMI level is closer to the minimum or when the car asks for it. I had the same question as you and was provided with this information by a senior service tech at my dealership.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
RGB; i would add some more to bring it nearer the 3/4 to full mark. Why starve it of oil!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Keep it full, why take the risk. You get a free litre of oil with the car anyway. Use it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of your responses. Recon I'll put some next weekend just to be on the safe side.
Many thanks
Glenn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts