Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people need help if possible I keep getting the oil light come up on the dash saying stop and check oil now.but when I check on the mmi it says my oil level is nearly full to 3/4 has anyone else had this problem or know how to sort it many thanks

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
you will have to check for errors with VCDS, as may be one of the sensors might be acting up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tfsi it pops up on the dash but when checking on the screen it says the level is like 3/4

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Could be just the oil level sensor. Need to check whether the dash computer is flagging a level warning or pressure warning.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi pal how do I do that, when it flashes up on the dash it says check the level dont know of that's how I know many thanks

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ah ok, I thought it just said 'Check oil'. Not seen this message on my 3.0tdi or S5.

As most of us have done, get a dipstick and you can check the proper old fashioned way, then you'll know if it's a sensor glitch!

Dipsticks are about £10 from the dealer. You may have to argue with them a bit as they say your car doesn't have a dipstick, or do a quick search for the part number. Then you can check straight away without waiting for the engine to warm up, then wait 2 minutes for the oil to settle! Bit impractical if you are going on a journey. The oil level will be more or less where it should be when cold. If you have started the engine when cold, still wait a couple of minutes to check so the oil can drip from the head, turbo etc back into the sump.

The oil lever sensor is bolted to the bottom of the sump and to change it, you will need to drain the oil, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts