Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A5 with 18000kms has been dripping oil and giving off a burning smell past few days. Took it down to the dealers and was told to leave it for a few days as they have to figure out whether it was the oil filter that was leaking or whether it was gear oil. My MMI display does not show any drop in the oil levels though. Anyone having similar issues with theirs?
I complained about the vibration from the steering at speeds over 80 and was told that that dealer that I had bought it from was required to replace the tires (free) and that it should sort that out!

While I was at the dealers I saw an A5 that was totally stripped out. Was told that it had incurred 'flood damage'. Wonder where he got so much water here in Dubai!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Anyone having similar issues with theirs?
Back when I had my A5 (Tiptronic), I experienced a transmission fluid leak on my garage floor. At the time, I had only owned the car 2 months and had 1,400 miles (2,253 km) on it. The cause turned out to be a bad gasket on the transmission fluid pan drain plug.

·
Registered
33 Posts
TXcarguy, can I ask why you traded in your A5 after 6 months? I tried searching but couldn't find any posts related to it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The high maintenance of the black paint was driving me nuts. So, I decided I needed a lower maintenance color. And at that time, the dealership happened to have an Ice Silver S5 that just arrived, but where the customer had changed his mind. Since I was going through the effort of getting another car anyway, I figured I might as well upgrade to an S5.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the car back from the dealers and it seems that the Audi service centre had forgotten to put back some seals after the 15k service (it was engine oil). I got billed for a 100dlrs and was asked to claim it from the Audi service centre! So much for attentive service!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts