Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S5 Coupe doesn't arrive until November or something, so this is a bit unripe ....

Anyone use one of these? Seems perfect since the oil filter's easily accessible, too.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't yet, but I plan to when I get my car. I like my oil changes every 5k and the dealer won't cover that, so I do plan to buy one and do it myself.

Not wild about the method though...I like a sump plug and draining the oil pan rather than sucking the oil up through the dip stick pipe (which is what I was told I need to do).

I can let you know what my experiences are when I finally change the oil.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
One of the high tech gadgets you'll want when you change your oil is something called a "dip stick." You may not have heard of it - they were popular back in the day. Very handy to help you figure out when you've added the right amount of oil back into the engine without over-filling. Otherwise you have to guess how much to put in, start up the car, check the MMI to see if it's OK or not, stop the engine, add a bit more, and repeat.

The part number for the 4.2L engine is 079 115 611 AB, and I bought mine here: http://www.worldimpex.com/search_by_partno.html?searchmode=partno&partno=079+115+611+AB+&x=32&y=7

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have used oil extractors and whilst they are quick clean and simple to use you cant get 'all' the oil out from the engine. Still suggest you drain it form the sump and if you have a extractor just use it to suck the oil from around the oil filter housing when you remove the old one

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was told by the dealer (and I saw the underside of an A5) that there is no sump plug on the A5/S5 and I couldn't find one. I wish draining from the bottom was an option, but unless I am blind and woefully misinformed, I don't think its possible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was told by the dealer (and I saw the underside of an A5) that there is no sump plug on the A5/S5 and I couldn't find one. I wish draining from the bottom was an option, but unless I am blind and woefully misinformed, I don't think its possible.
I just did a oil change on my S5 the past weekend, so yes there is a drain plug. Here a a link to DIY for the 3.2 A5:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2761234&highlight=Oil+change

The location of the sump in the S5 is the same but looks different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts