Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All I'm new to the forum have been look at the issue I have with my car its a 2011 a5 cab 72000 miles full service history from Audi
you all know where this is going as I know this is a problem the car it has been back to Audi and had stage 1 and stage 2 done on the engine
had the car back for about 3 days started smell like burning the a slight misfire took it back they said there was a carrier bag stuck to the exhaust plus some codes had been thrown up
car came back no more smell seemed ok for a few more days then engine management light came on and it idle very roughly almost to the point of stalling
trip back to audi code read again told it was a pcv assembly problem and was going to cost £250 to fix this was not their problem as the hadn't touch this part
can anyone throw some light on this and advise me what action to take

·
Registered
297 Posts
The pcv valve is a known problem with these engines. So common there are multiple vendors making replacement parts. The rubber diaphragm rips and fails.

Luckily it's an easy DIY and you can find the decent parts online for around $100. Skip the repair kits and avoid really cheap ones from unknown manufacturers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pcv valve is a known problem with these engines. So common there are multiple vendors making replacement parts. The rubber diaphragm rips and fails.

Luckily it's an easy DIY and you can find the decent parts online for around $100. Skip the repair kits and avoid really cheap ones from unknown manufacturers.

thanks for your reply this seems to be a minefield with these cars I've replaced the pcv assembly proper Audi part now I have scanned with vagcom code error p2188 which I understand to be system too rich idle bank 1after doing some research on the web its suggest it could be HPFP or possible stuck injector I will say the car is driving very nicely at the moment

·
Registered
297 Posts
Try a bottle of fuel cleaner with PEA like Gumout, Techron. BG 44K is also good even though it doesn't have PEA.

Maybe need to use two bottles over two tanks back to back.

If you're lucky, whatever is stuck will be loosened up.

You could also use VCDS to log the MAF. If the reading is not smooth with sudden drops or spikes of measured air, then it could be the MAF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts