Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've had my A5 2.0 TFSI (180) since March now, I've done about 2400 miles and have a few queries regarding the oil monitor and general oil consumption.

Firstly, after looking at the oil level monitor about a month ago I noticed I was on minimum so I put 0.5 litre in from the bottle of oil the dealer gave me. After doing that and waiting the 5 minutes the manual states and my Oil level monitor read 'Oil Level Information not available' (or something to the effect of). I waited one day and still nothing, so I rang Audi who said wait 2/3 days and contact if it doesn't register. So after 3 days, still nothing so I booked it in for the following week. (They said it could be problem with sensor) However sods law, the day it was going in - typically the oil level appeared and showed half full.
Any ideas with this people? Anyone else had this issue?

Secondly about this oil consumption - My oil level monitor is now showing I'm on the minimum again -so therefore have used a 1L bottle in 2400ish miles? Is this normal?

I look forward to your thoughts.
Many Thanks,
Tom Mason

·
Registered
871 Posts
Seems a bit high at 1l per 2400 miles. I used about 0.5 l in the first 5000 miles but nothing since, I have now done 13000 miles

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can be perfectly normal, usually oil consumption is down to two things,

1) Build Tolerances.
2)How the engine was run in.

It may get a little better once the engine has bedded in, wait another 10k or so and im sure she will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts