Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a few opinions on the forum (esp. from US posters) about post running in oil changes.Rang a couple of dealers' service departments and they all said no additional changes needed other than when the MMI message/2 year limit is reached.Does anyone think this is bad advice or are we just being a bit paranoid with an early change? As I'm a bit cynical and I'm sure they'd charge me if they could perhaps it's good advice?
If most people seem to think it's bad advice I'll get it done but maybe it's not needed.Only 2k on the clock so not too late either way!
I'd appreciate any other more expert thoughts than mine though.
Cheers,

3.0 TDI sport by the way.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm following the MMI and the long-life cycle. Did so on my previous 3 Audis as well, each of which I kept to over 60K+ without any engine problems whatsoever. My A5 has done 13K and I won't be getting the first oil change until around 18K. Others will have different points of view, of course.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'm going with what the computer says as well. I know a lot of other will change their oil after the running in period due to the amount of contaminants and metel etc in the oil.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought the special Castrol SLX oil and Audi oil filter,fully intending to do a change half way through the suggested mileage.But changed my mind,still not sure if I like the idea of the oil doing 19,000 miles:eek:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My first oil change is at around 16,600 according to the MMI. I checked with the dealer who came back and said this is correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts