Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When should you get your first oil change - 1K or 5K? I have AudiCare if that matters.

And should you get your car waxed/detailed a certain number of times a year?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
230 Posts
you should wax your car as soon as you get it, i did, i had glue from shipping i clayed it and then waxed it to get all the shit off

and you should wax your car as much as its needed, the more the better. once a month the least

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Re. oil-change, suggest you search the forum as there's lots of advice/opinion out there (from 'should change it at 1500 miles or so to remove debris and sealant contaminants' to 'leave it as-is, the car's designed around a first change at circa 10K, so trust those Germans to know a thing or two...'.)

Re waxing, I'd suggest you do it whenever you start to feel uncomfortable in a high hem-line. Or with any new girlfriend.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Re. oil-change, suggest you search the forum as there's lots of advice/opinion out there (from 'should change it at 1500 miles or so to remove debris and sealant contaminants' to 'leave it as-is, the car's designed around a first change at circa 10K, so trust thos Germans to know a thing or two...'.

Re waxing, I'd suggest you do it whenever you start to feel uncomfortable in a hig hem-line. Or with any new girlfriend.
You can also keep topped up between waxes using Veet.

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
There's a woman close to where I live who is Brazilian & runs a beauty parlour. She drives an Audi with a personal plate 'WAX nnn'. Ouch!! But nice and shiny :D:D I wonder if she uses carnauba wax?

·
Registered
230 Posts
back on a serious note, i think zaino is the best.
what does everyone else use

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re waxing, I'd suggest you do it whenever you start to feel uncomfortable in a high hem-line. Or with any new girlfriend.
Thanks, now I have to clean the soda off my monitor.:)

I like to wax (the car) at least monthly, especially during the months with lots of rain. I was told by the dealer to get my oil changed at 5000 miles the first time.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I was told by the dealer to get my oil changed at 5000 miles the first time.
Which matches neither option given in the service manual. That is to get the oil change at 10,000 miles or use the variable servicing which is closer to 18-20,000 miles.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Which matches neither option given in the service manual. That is to get the oil change at 10,000 miles or use the variable servicing which is closer to 18-20,000 miles.
The way I look at it, since the dealership is going to do my first service at no charge, and there is no harm in changing motor oil more often than needed, it is a win win situation for me.:D

I intend to change my oil every 5000 miles. I know the car could go longer, but like I said, no harm in changing it more often. I spent a lot for this car, and spending a little extra for an oil change every 6 months or so is really no problem.

My Cobra on the other hand requires an oil change every 2000 miles (turbo tends to cook the oil)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Depends on how long you intend to keep the car? Long time then i'd say yes change as often as you like as its your investment you looking after. Short term then just go with the AVS timing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I intend to change my oil every 5000 miles. I know the car could go longer, but like I said, no harm in changing it more often. I spent a lot for this car, and spending a little extra for an oil change every 6 months or so is really no problem.
I'm following the same pattern - I change all my cars every 5K miles (just did service #1 yesterday) - makes it easier to remember too! :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Zaino all the way.

I did 1k, 5k, 10k, will do 15k in a few weeks. Then go with Audi at 15k intervals. There is about 10 quarts of oil in this thing. So plenty of oil to dilute contaminants.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.