Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all! Just a quick question about oil changes on a 2017 S5. The light has come up telling me it’s due😱 but wondered about how often the oil is supposed to be changed on this model?🤷🏻‍♂️ Any advice much appreciated👍🏼😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Depends if you are on variable or fixed servicing, plus the service computer also monitors how the car is driven and adjusts the mileage and days. I think on some, there is a monitoring sensor that checks oil quality.

Fixed around 8-10.000 miles/1 year
Variable around 16,000 miles and I think 2 years.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends if you are on variable or fixed servicing, plus the service computer also monitors how the car is driven and adjusts the mileage and days. I think on some, there is a monitoring sensor that checks oil quality.

Fixed around 8-10.000 miles/1 year
Variable around 16,000 miles and I think 2 years.
Thanks for that the information. I’ve only done around 5000 miles and it’s already come up🤦🏻‍♂️I’ve not gone too crazy though 🤣

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Hey Mac its not really a question of crazy, its how the car is driven too as well as the months since the last change. For instance if you drive only a short distance then this is more "wearing" to the car than if you make longer journeys. I personally change oil MORE than the car suggests cos an oil and filter change on mine is 200 Euro and this will keep the engine on top form!

Reactions: Mac74

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
443 Posts
Have to agree with Simon,as I change my oil every 6 - 8 months irrespective of the mileage.
Even the best engine oils break down after time and I make good use of the power when I can.
For the sake of £80 (7.2 ltrs castrol edge,oil-filter,sump plug) it makes sense to me.
My S5 is my 2nd car, and I tend to cover 3 - 4k a year but i still change the oil regardless.
Personally I would have a annual service every 12 months opposed to a variable service every 2 years.

Reactions: Mac74

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mac its not really a question of crazy, its how the car is driven too as well as the months since the last change. For instance if you drive only a short distance then this is more "wearing" to the car than if you make longer journeys. I personally change oil MORE than the car suggests cos an oil and filter change on mine is 200 Euro and this will keep the engine on top form!
Thanks! That makes sense actually. As unfortunately since I’ve bought the car we’ve been in lockdown so I’ve only been able to go back and forth to work😱😱😱😱 I’ve to drop it in to the dealership to have the maps updated. Don’t get me started on that! I’m upset that Google maps have stopped😠
Which actually have you or have you heard anything about the new maps? 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 6 of 6 Posts