Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went over to my dealer today! And as I walked in, he had this huge grin on his face :D . I got my V.I.N. number and the car is built!!!! WOW I am so happy... and I don't even have the damn thing. The car will go by train to Bremerhaven (port)by the end of the week, and then sit there for about a week for inspections, paper work, etc. And my dealer says it will have to sit in his showroom for almost another week for him to do his paper work. I probably will go insane before I get to drive off in it. I still don't have the actual delivery date but I'm 99% sure I'll have it home by June 15 :cool:

My inquiry still has it being a 08! Oh well, can't win them all!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I went over to my dealer today! And as I walked in, he had this huge grin on his face :D . I got my V.I.N. number and the car is built!!!! WOW I am so happy... and I don't even have the damn thing. The car will go by train to Bremerhaven (port)by the end of the week, and then sit there for about a week for inspections, paper work, etc. And my dealer says it will have to sit in his showroom for almost another week for him to do his paper work. I probably will go insane before I get to drive off in it. I still don't have the actual delivery date but I'm 99% sure I'll have it home by June 15 :cool:

My inquiry still has it being a 08! Oh well, can't win them all!

Nice one Sapper. Not long now..
Maybe if you badger the dealer enough, he'll speed up the paperwork just to get you out of the showroom! :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know I'm going to be drooling outside the showroom window for a few days... isn't that sad!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah I know I'm going to be drooling outside the showroom window for a few days... isn't that sad!
Nice, that's great news. It is funny but the closer it is, the more excruciating the wait.

It's almost here!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats..... the closer it gets, the more painful it gets!
You got a VIN?? Did the dealer call you to give it to you??
or is it just a good idea to go in and get it after the build date?
My car was built today and i dont know what to expect from here on out. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I did not know my build date! My dealer had my car in production status sense the beginning of May. I stopped in yesterday to see if he had a VIN # so I would know if it was built yet, if not I was getting my hopes for an 09 model. But sure enough he had the VIN number showing on his computer. On the computer print out, it does not show a delivery date. I'm just going off what he told me about the time frame!

This is just me thinking: we both ordered almost the same car, at the same time, both of our cars are built now......ha ha ha....I see (08) triplets

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do hope we both get 09 models.... but my paper work does says 08' 3.2L A5 Quattro. Surely I will not be getting the last 08 model:mad: You guys can have my permission to laugh if I do!!!!:p

·
Registered
45 Posts
haha our cars ARE almost identical!! (separated at birth!) :)
i hate to tell you this though..... my paper work now says '09. :D

I would think that being in Germany would get you your car faster as far as delivery date.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have a delivery date?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only dates i have been given so far have been my allocation date, followed by my build date. But no delivery date!
Once i had those two, the dealer told me i should expect it by the end of june or beginning of july (based on how long others took). Germany to the West-coast of the US is a far way! how far does yours have to travel?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just had my German wife call Audi of Ingolstadt.... The guy told her that my car was built on 16 May and that the car is an 08 model! he also said that the 09 model would start in June but it can change for deferent models! As far as being able to track the car with a VIN # would be all up to weather its a in country (Germany) or international situation. The guy put in a tracking inquiry for me and will call me back!

·
Registered
45 Posts
yo Sapper! sounds like having a wife came in handy. (j/k)
Count down to D-day for the two of us. i stopped by the dealer today to make a complaint and he countered it with the delivery date of my A5!! it was built this week, and will at the port on the 14th and at the dealer on the 18th of July and its an '09!

They had a few on the lot to pick from... but they all have black interiors.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
yo Sapper! sounds like having a wife came in handy. (j/k)
Count down to D-day for the two of us. i stopped by the dealer today to make a complaint and he countered it with the delivery date of my A5!! it was built this week, and will at the port on the 14th and at the dealer on the 18th of July and its an '09!

They had a few on the lot to pick from... but they all have black interiors.
Hey thats great new Yerminater! I am not sure what Audi of America and Audi of Germany are doing, or why your dealer shows you getting a 09 A5 S Line. And mine showing 08 A5 S line! Thats why I made my Frau call the factory to find out what was up! You may be getting the very first 09 S Line (LOL) and me the very last 08! But the factory guy said they would start production at the beginning of June for 09, and I made sure that they where talking about U.S. models in-case it varied from U.S. to Euro

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess we will find out what model year it will be when it finally gets here. I wish i could have walked out with a VIN though. Makes me nervous.

BTW, i think the only difference in our cars is that i didnt pick up the S-Line package. I cant stand ALL black interiors. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer called today to inform me that my car was at the huge port in Bremerhaven. I was told I only need to wait for a transport to load up and bring it back down my way! Tomorrow I will go and final out my paperwork!:cool: My dealer (Auto exchange) is going to have my U.S. spec A5 put in the local German Audi showroom upon delivery which should be interesting! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats! Let me know what my car will be like, yeah??

U.S. Spec..... in Germany???

:confused:

How??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats! Let me know what my car will be like, yeah??

U.S. Spec..... in Germany???

:confused:

How??
:D I'm from Florida living in Germany... I wouldn't want to have to pay, what the Germans pay for the same car in Euro specs! I feel so bad for the Locals! I was looking at a 1.8L the other day for 40,000+ euros:eek:. that's crazy, and why their's not many riding around here!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts