·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot off the press from AoA (as of 7/18/08):

6MT, model code 8T35F9 - $40,300
6AT, model code 8T35FL - $41,600

Packages
Premium Package (homelink, bi-xenon w/LED, autodimming/folding ext mirrors, autodimming int mirror w/compass, heated front seats, memory for driver seat and mirrors) - code WPX - $1900

Technology Package (req. PND, audi rear park sys w/camera, adaptive headlights, advanced key, side assist) - code PTA - $2200

Navigation Package w/Voice Control (req WPX, audi navigation system, AMI, voice control, color info display) - code PND - $2390

Audi Drive Select Packge (req. WPX, DriveSelect controls, dynamic steering sys, adaptive damper system) - code PDR - $2950

S-Line Sport Package - (req. WPX, Black interior only (QF)) (n/a with VRP, N5W) - (sport susp, 19" 5-arm Y-design whls, leather embossed S-Line sport seats with perforated alcantara inserts and silver stitching, S line unique fr/rr bumpers, badge on fenders, brushed aluminum int decorative inalys, 3-spoke multi-function leather-wrapped steering wheel w/S-Line badge, silver stitching on shift boot, headlamp washers, alum door sill scuff plates w/S-Line badge, black headliner) - code WQB - $2900

Stand Alone Options
B&O (14 spk, 505w) - code 9VK - $850
AMI (n/a with PND) - code 7D3 - $290
19" Y-spoke wheels - code VRP - $900
Genuine Milano leather - code N5W - $1000
Adaptive cruise control (req PND) - code 8T4 - $2100

Other Charges
Metallic and pearl effect paints - $475
Premium paint charge - $750
Destination charge - $825

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wish the Drive Select could have been added to the car. Wonder just how hard it is to actually do but I suspect it would need to involve different shocks from the 2008 model. Still, having come off the A4 Driving Experience at Infineon Raceway on Friday, I wouldn't mind paying the nearly $3K for it as a retro fit. :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Test drive situations are one thing, but think about it in long term context; having driven and/or owned various cars with variable suspension, I find that I always just end up leaving it on the firmest setting. So for me it would kind of be a waste since you can get a high quality fixed-setting aftermarket setup for less than 3k.

-Ray

·
Registered
359 Posts
True, except this particular car, for the first time, I"m letting the wife drive and she likes the car exactly as it is. She hated the stiff suspensions on both my Rabbit GTI and VW Passat that I had upgraded to Bilsteins/Neuspeed. Oddly, she enjoyed the supple suspension of my Cobra replica with 550lb. springs out back and 600lbs. springs up front. and Koni single-adjustables all around. If I can achieve the same level of comfort of the Cobra on the A4 and still get the "sport" type suspension I crave, I'd be all over it. Perhaps a set of PSS9's (?) from Bilsteins or something from STaSIS might have something up my alley.

But in lieu of such a suspension, the drive select "sounds" like it would be the best of both worlds. Especially since the memory fobs would probably keep the setting preferences set for each of us.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She hated the stiff suspensions on both my Rabbit GTI and VW Passat that I had upgraded to Bilsteins/Neuspeed. Oddly, she enjoyed the supple suspension of my Cobra replica with 550lb. springs out back and 600lbs. springs up front. and Koni single-adjustables all around. If I can achieve the same level of comfort of the Cobra on the A4 and still get the "sport" type suspension I crave, I'd be all over it. Perhaps a set of PSS9's (?) from Bilsteins or something from STaSIS might have something up my alley.
A lot of suspension harshness has a lot to do with the chassis. Vibration and harshness will transmit first to the most pliable part of the car. If the chassis flex, various bushings (esp if worn out over time), the connection from the subframe to the main rails, etc, are less stiff than the springs themselves, then the energy will be absorbed there first, which is transmitted directly to the passengers since none of those components have 'give'. It is likely that your Cobra had a very strong chassis (easier when it is that small and light also), so the suspension was actually able to do its job better in absorbing the small vibrations.

-Ray

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ray:
thanks. You're right, the Facorty Five Racing chassis is a true racing chassis with a backbone connecting the front firewall frame to the rear firewall frame. Poly bushings everywhere, the ride is VERY nice for a race frame. Right now, the A5, while not an aluminum space frame design, it's fairly solid. I don't expect it to be built anything like a race frame but since this chassis is used for the S5 as well, I suspect it's good enough for a minor upgrade on a stock A5. When the day comes to replace shocks, that's when I'll probably look into it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
jeezus... 40k... I could've bought 2 or nearly 3 for what I payed for mine here in Sweden :D I wonder if yours come without wheels or engine or something. I can't quite figure out how this car can sell for so much less in the US. I know... volumes.. but still man. It sells for less than half. Crazy.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeezus... 40k... I could've bought 2 or nearly 3 for what I payed for mine here in Sweden :D I wonder if yours come without wheels or engine or something. I can't quite figure out how this car can sell for so much less in the US. I know... volumes.. but still man. It sells for less than half. Crazy.
$40k USD comes out to 238,218 SEK -- how much more are you paying?

-Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.