Registered
128 Posts
I also have hybrids available for the 245hp - you can find them here

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Redline,
I came across your post while looking for some info on DPF and backbox delete on the 3.0 TDI.
MIJ in Walsall are quite local to me, I'm also considering Darkside for my remap too funnily enough.
Only thing I'm unsure of is whether it would be too loud as Darkside said I'd need ear mufflers with the DPF out lol. I'd be interested to know your thoughts as somebody who has done it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Redline,
I came across your post while looking for some info on DPF and backbox delete on the 3.0 TDI.
MIJ in Walsall are quite local to me, I'm also considering Darkside for my remap too funnily enough.
Only thing I'm unsure of is whether it would be too loud as Darkside said I'd need ear mufflers with the DPF out lol. I'd be interested to know your thoughts as somebody who has done it?
With the dpf gutted (while keeping the cat in place) and the removal of the rear mufflers its not too loud. There's a resonance at 2000rpm but that's about it. Basically you can't really hear it unless you're outside the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Bobby you are correct and apologies as you did email me back. It is strange as I have not had mail go in to my spam folder for quite some time.
After seeing the graphs, would of definitely paid you a visit,but have booked in with Darkside and paid them £240 so wouldn't be write to pull out now.
Will see how the results go when it is done and the hybrid turbo could be a goer in the very near future.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Redline,
Hi Josh, irrespective of what people say the system with the back boxes deleted and 2.5 inch piping going straight to the tailpipes is not as loud as a stock S5 exhaust .
This was from start up this morning
Audi 3.0 tdi no boxes

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also reason that the valance is not yet fitted is because I got a brand new one of ebay last week.
When I went to fit it,I
20200311_074102.jpg
realised it was for a B8 not B8.5 so was to short.
Picked up the correct one yesterday and will have that fitted by the end of the day

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Josh, irrespective of what people say the system with the back boxes deleted and 2.5 inch piping going straight to the tailpipes is not as loud as a stock S5 exhaust .
This was from start up this morning
Audi 3.0 tdi no boxes
Hi Redline, thanks for the video, I think I might have to go for it.
Good luck with your tuning, Darkside appear to be gurus when it comes to mapping these.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ade, I didn't know the B8.5 was different! I know the front bumper is different! The B8 has that nice aluminium strip, but the 8.5 has nothing and to me looks unfinished!?

On my 3.0 tdi, it still had the DPF and just had a slight hum, like yours but minus the 'chuff' noise coming from the turbo idling. It is known, if the DPF delete pipe is fitted along with removing the cat too, this makes it slightly louder.

So is this your daily driver then?

Also noticed from the video, we have the same surname! :) (y)

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Kwatro is a common surname then hehehehe.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ade, I didn't know the B8.5 was different! I know the front bumper is different! The B8 has that nice aluminium strip, but the 8.5 has nothing and to me looks unfinished!?

On my 3.0 tdi, it still had the DPF and just had a slight hum, like yours but minus the 'chuff' noise coming from the turbo idling. It is known, if the DPF delete pipe is fitted along with removing the cat too, this makes it slightly louder.

So is this your daily driver then?

Also noticed from the video, we have the same surname! :) (y)
Dave the B8 bumper is slightly shorter and the strip is a part that you can buy for £179.00.
When you take the valance off the platinum strip that is on our cars is simply clipped in and can be removed.
Yeah nothing wrong with a surname like quattro lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rear valance now fitted,and off to Darkside in 48 hours.
Will post results on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well guys as promised took the A5 to Darkside last Friday. They are a great bunch of guys and they do care for there customers. There was endless cups of coffee for free and a vending machine with cans,sweets, crisp, etc.
Car was dynoed first and showed 228 bhp and a check showed a leaking egr valve. At sometime this had been changed as the nuts were well rounded. They completed this and after many hours the car was remapped.
The car produced 278 bhp which I thought would have made more as the A5 has a new engine in that has covered 61k.
20200320_195856.jpg

The car felt massively different on the way home and is big improvement.
Despite the fact this car can do 155mph+ it is hard to comprehend my S5 has 200+ bhp more than this.?.
All in all it was a long day and I wish i could have videoed the car on the rollers like you can at Mrc,but due to Darkside dyno cell being enclosed you have to sit in reception.
1 of there guys is looking at buying an S5 so may have a trip back up there and stick my car on there rollers and see what we get.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bobby, that 333 Hp chart you posted was mine (S-tronic)- however, I've just had a new Dyno done last week after upgrading to an MVT Intercooler and the mapped curve difference is huge- even though it didn't improve on the 333hp at the top end (DPF regen not been for a while) the power delivery now is immense, so I can't emphasise enough how worthwhile doing it this was on top your your awesome work- cheers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bobby, that 333 Hp chart you posted was mine (S-tronic)- however, I've just had a new Dyno done last week after upgrading to an MVT Intercooler and the mapped curve difference is huge- even though it didn't improve on the 333hp at the top end (DPF regen not been for a while) the power delivery now is immense, so I can't emphasise enough how worthwhile doing it this was on top your your awesome work- cheers!
Nice one maybe send me the dyno or post if you don't mind? I always find if the mapping is considering EGT then cooling and flow become very important. Most cars that have egt correction on the dyno do not have any correction on the road.

Cheers
Bobby

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Car made 278hp / 450lbft after tuning? Should have made a few more ponies.
My thoughts exactly Bobby and part of me says bring it straight to you soon to see if it is down to the mapper. It should not take 5 hours to map the car to 278 bhp as I I genuinely believe other stuff was going on. In reality this is only 32bhp more than a std power
However the bigger turbo upgrade could be on the cards.
Will be emailing you shortly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a shame it only made them figures, I feel a bit gutted for you tbh mate.
Darkside are meant to call me after this lockdown as they have a list of people including myself waiting to book in with them. But after seeing this and some further research I'm thinking twice now...
I also have a manual CAPA and have seen what @bobby singh can do with them, I might contact him for turbo upgrade and map. From what I've been reading my CP1H fuel pump should be good for 350-380bhp?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts