Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite having everyone of my last 17 petrol engined cars remapped. I have never taken a diesel car to be remapped.
That will change on Wednesday when I will be taking a 62 plate A5 3.0 tdi back edition with dpf delete to Darkside developments in Barnsley
Doug at Mrc said he can get 700 nm out of one of these ,so should be interesting to see what Darkside can do as they are considered to be one of the best mappers for diesels in the uk.
Will post results afterwards

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mate, they have done 2 A5's both 3.0 tdi's - a 2010 & a 2012 and got good results fitting bigger turbos.
What is also impressive is there knowledge of these cars and they have good results with even the std set up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update : this is now cancelled to Wednesday 11th March 2020 due to 1 mapper being on holiday and the other mapper having to return back to USA for family business.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Having come from a remapped 3.0tdi A5 to the S5, it doesn't matter which fuel it drinks, forced induction engines respond very well. :)

When I test drove the S5, it didn't feel a lot different to the remapped 3.0tdi. But the pick up is a lot sharper on the S5, but probably as the TDI is turbo and slight lag, plus the TDi was a proper auto.

What about Bobby Singh Racing, he has tuned the 3.0tdi to 505bhp and knows the 3.0tdi very well! Gets about 330bhp out of a standard 3.0tdi.

Is it a manual or S-tronic?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave, it is a s tronic box with launch control, stage 1 remap plus dpf gutted and straight through exhaust - no boxes
Tested on Mrc's new rolling road the same day as mine showed 296 bhp with 570nm
I contacted Bobby singh last week via email and he never got back to me,so called Darkside who were straight on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Sounds like you will soon be having loads of fun mate........

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hi Dave, it is a s tronic box with launch control, stage 1 remap plus dpf gutted and straight through exhaust - no boxes
I contacted Bobby singh last week via email and he never got back to me,so called Darkside who were straight on it.
DPF delete is only needed when going north of 350bhp, below this and using stock 2260 turbo, the DPF doesn't hinder power. :) Bet it's louder than the S5 with an unsilenced DPF deleted zorts!!?? :)

Is this your A5? How come it's being remapped twice at stage 1? Just get eek a bit more power out of it?

I got 310bhp and 643Nm from my 3.0tdi totally standard with OE air filter, DPF still etc intact, but just a back box delete.

Yeah, Bobby has been quite lately, on here anyway. Think he replied to a member on here last week or so about remapping his 3.0tdi.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'd like to try the 3.0 tdi with the S-tronic box! Bet it livens up the performance compared to the old full torque converter auto I had!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave the exhaust note is not to bad, and not as loud as my s5 ,as it is 2.5 singe pipe going into 2 inch piping straight through
However as i had planned to go to Darkside this Wednesday ,I am now off to MJI exhaust in Walsall to get quad tips fitted and a new rear valance instead(will post photos)
Reason for remap is a firm mapped it in B'ham and did the dpf work .
Occasionally when you drive it like a bank robber the coil light flashes and car goes into limp mod.You then have to switch off, reset and start the car again and car runs fine.
Not clued up on diesels but believe it could be poor mapping of the dpf or egr may need some software upgrades
Also car only revs to 2100 rpm when launching ,so needs the gearbox mapping.
Looking at what Darkside have done so far it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like it's over boosting or even over fuelling, does it chuck out plumes of black smoke? Poor mapping can over fuel or over boost to try and cover up the fine tuning in other areas where the knowledge and expertise is required. With no DPF, the EGR can be turned off for better throttle response and less recycled smoke.

My 3.0tdi was tip-tronic so wouldn't rev beyond 2500rpm in any situation. Yeah the boxes have torque limits so a remap raises this. I'm sure when using the VCDS on my 3.0tdi I found the torque limit was 1000Nm!! But can't remember where I found it.

I know Bobby does a kit which is fuel pump CP3, I think, s200 turbo and his map to give around 440bhp out of the box.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave I have the video of it on Mrc's rollers and there is no smoke at all under hard acceleration.
No need for bigger turbo,just looking for more torque from the std unit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Visited MIJ exhaust today and they ripped off the2 x 3 inch pipes.
Opted for 4 x 100 mm tailpipes in black and a 2.5 inch pipe to the y piece.
Could not fit the valance as it was a really poor fit.
A new S5 valance (no bumper) is £370. Managed to get an unused 1 for £90.
Picture below is with no valance.
20200304_171623.jpg

·
Registered
780 Posts
You should consider swapping the fuel filter for a new one. I have an extra walbro pump installed but still got the flashing coils but a filter change cured it. Otherwise you'll possibly find the associated code is something like "fuel rail pressure too low" which might have to do with a poor tune but will just as well happen if you push the tuning too far for the hardware on the engine.

Regards

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Looking good! Looks similar to my new tail pipes. :)

Yeah plenty of standard S5 rear valances on Ebay for around £100.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi there - what was your name as I do aim to reply to everyone.
What engine code do you have?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Bobby, I sent you 2 emails on 26.02.20 as far as I know it is the cduc engine with 7 speed dsg.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Bobby, I sent you 2 emails on 26.02.20 as far as I know it is the cduc engine with 7 speed dsg.
Ade? I did reply asking for engine code and gearbox type but I didn't receive a reply. Maybe in junk or so?
Anyhow I can get around 330hp / 750nm out of these with dpf still in place. Obviously output greatly depends on the DPF condition.

I'll find some dyno charts and add them

Cheers

1 - 20 of 47 Posts