Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEMPL.us updated their webpage to reflect some new information about the Rear LED Tail Lamps. As follows -

If you would like to upgrade your new A5 or S5 to the European S5 LED lighting, we provide everything you will need to complete the conversion.

Kit includes; inner and outer LED lights, Kufatec adapter harnesses and reprogramming dongle. No additional controllers or VAG-Com work is required.
Link - http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_68_139&products_id=924

Pricey though at $1,495 :eek3:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ordered mine w/ Head Lamp Switch for Rear Fog Lamps. OEMPl.us says that the Rear Fogs will work with the kit as is, just need to get the switch.

Too bad I'm in Iraq and won't see them for 10 months. Excited though to say the least!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Those are expensive for sure. Hopefully they get some more in stock and drop the price by this summer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Those are expensive for sure. Hopefully they get some more in stock and drop the price by this summer :thumbsup:
So at this point, this is a complete solution for LED taillights?

This gets by all the problems encountered by everybody and this solves it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, this is a complete solution. According to Kufatec GmbH, they will allow you to install the lights with the adapters, plug in the dongle and it will reprogram the cars. We (I won't say who we are, but the OP is very happy w/us at the moment) will receive 5 sets later this month and test them immediately on two cars (A5 and S5) to confirm.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, this is a complete solution. According to Kufatec GmbH, they will allow you to install the lights with the adapters, plug in the dongle and it will reprogram the cars. We (I won't say who we are, but the OP is very happy w/us at the moment) will receive 5 sets later this month and test them immediately on two cars (A5 and S5) to confirm.
Awesome.. Let me know know if you need a test vehicle.. I'll volunteer hehe :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
This is good news for those who were worried abou the the hassle of going to the dealer to have the car reprogrammed.
@Gezuvor... Are you able to or others supple the dongle on its own for htose who have the lights already?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts