Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I want to scan the wife's 2008 2 0 tfsi for error codes.

I have cables for P38 range rover and bmws Dcan kcan and now enet which I use with inpa and ista... Can I use any of these on the audi??? Which software would work??

Cheers

Gary

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Haha you need VCDS mate sorry.......

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Or Carly, works well....

Reactions: yzy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll look at these suggestions.. Had hoped I could have used one of the bmw cables i have and just bought the software..

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks I'll look at these suggestions.. Had hoped I could have used one of the bmw cables i have and just bought the software..

Cheers

Gary
I owned a BMW 5 years before the Audi and used INPA and Carly.
The INPA cable is useless on Audi LOL.

The BMW Carly was very user friendly so I looked into that 1st..unforetunately Carly only invested heavily on BMW and so features on Carly Audi is no comparison. With Carly you cant even do a battery register on Audi... maybe they will update in future.

The VCDS is the best tool for the advance user and but quiet a expensive investment but is the best.
I went for the Obdeleven Pro option. It was about £60 direct for their website. It can do enough for the average DIY person like myself..maybe not enough for a advance DIY person though ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced the heater blower today.... But now there is an air bag light on....not sure if I reconnected the air bag wire to the parcel shelf or whether all of the crap she had on passenger floor had dislodged a cable when I was shuffling on floor to get blower in...

Looks like I'll have to get an obd tool now to reset the light.. But at least she now has a warm car!!

Thanks again for all suggestions

G

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I found cable and vag com software from this site in ireland
www.iskygadgets.com.

I paid 64euro including delivery.

It arrived very quickly, easy ish to install on laptop and was able to reset air bag light within 15 mins.

And no other diagnostic issues picked up..... bargain!!

Cheers

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts