Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my current car a B7 RS4 is going today so last night I emptied it and cleaned it ready for handover at the dealer, I removed my descrete nurburgring badge and have it on good authority that its the car that earns the sticker not the driver, so if I want to put one on the S5 the only way is to get back there;)

I am pretty certain I will go before the end of the year, i will keep everyone posted in case I tag along with somone elses trip, it will be nice not to be the only S5 :D

Its a scary place, two bikers killed in a weekend last time I was there, treated with respect its an awesome place to get to;)

Cheers

Jason

·
Registered
643 Posts
I can't wait to get on the 'ring someday, hopefully in something better than a rental Focus!

You Europeans... curse you and your proximity to the Nordschleife!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 hours to Folkestown, 30 mins under the English Channel, 5 hours from Calais to Nurburgring :D quite easy and not ridiculously expensive as a trip, on the proviso you dont 'bend' anything and keep it shiney side up and greasy side down ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Keep me posted and I'll meet up with ya! Do take in mind that I will be getting the A and not the S of the 5's. Wish there was more people in my area to have a get together like in the U.S. and England!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I should be able to get down there in about 45 mins, but wouldn't take my car round!

Post details if there's a meetup planned..

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think 55 jwb went on vacation! I'm still down for a road trip when car arrives, and me and another member may be getting the Vag-Com. I attempted to have a meet on another thread but that back-fired! :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ring trip

a group of us are going thursday may 14th,track is open friday afternoon and all day sat & sun. i'll be taking the wifes S5 along with some of the boys , csl's , tvr's , m3's , tt's

mines an 07 meteor grey if you make it

·
Registered
40 Posts
bedford autodrome

ps

track day at bedford 27th april if your interested,run thru circuitdays.co.uk

·
Registered
225 Posts
a group of us are going thursday may 14th,track is open friday afternoon and all day sat & sun. i'll be taking the wifes S5 along with some of the boys , csl's , tvr's , m3's , tt's

mines an 07 meteor grey if you make it
How cool is that, Im going with some BMW buddies the same weekend.

Will have to catch up and say hello:cheers:

Were going Friday and coming home tuesday.

Went last year and loved it. Found myself driving at 80% though not 110% like on a UK trackday.

It is a very dangerous place.:yikes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
thursday overnight from hull,back monday night. going to try and get a few laps in at spa on monday

·
Registered
40 Posts
not sure,we were going to swing by on the way home,from what i can gather you pay about £30 for 15mins

·
Registered
40 Posts
has anyone posted a time round the ring yet ?. i'll be getting my first laps in on friday.
hopeful to post a sub 9 min lap this time , first time with the car so don't want to go too mad

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi mate

Pm me ya number. Will see ya friday afternoon

You been before?

I am a hard driver especially on UK Track days. But the ring i will be only 80-85% such a lethal place. Not somewhere to set records.

·
Registered
40 Posts
on the ferry tonight,the car is all shiny not that it'll go any faster. will post photos and times when i get back.weather looks a bit dismal for the weekend but that's what 4 wheel drives for

:2thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts