Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if you can help me with few thing got my car in may this year and i have started to find few pr-obs with my S5!

1 Keyless entry has stopped working in last few weeks some times works some times not and now its not working at all!

2 Interior light at night doesn't come on when you turn the car off on the start/stop button until you open doors or take key out of key slot!

3 After driving car longer then 20min on switching the car off it makes noise like clicking in back of drivers and passengers seat

4 Most of times i like to listen to the music of V8 so i don't bother with radio but what i have discovered when i come to stand still i can hear knocking noise coming from under the bonnet and it sounds similar to diesel, av bean back to Audi and they told me that was something to do with some kind of valve which controls air but i don believe them !

5 At night when am coming to car unlocking it by remote coming lights don't come on!

Am going back to Audi on Thursday so am just wondering if anyone has similar problems, I really love my car but am disappointed by all this problems thanks for yo help and am sorry for my spelling mistakes English is not my first language

·
Registered
218 Posts
maybe your battery in the key is dying, and you're really not locking or unlocking your doors lol... JK I have never heard or see this happen and hope it doesn't to me... good luck at audi!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 Keyless entry has stopped working in last few weeks some times works some times not and now its not working at all!
This issue has been reported by several forum members. The problem is with the sensor in the door handle. The solution is to have the sensors replaced under warranty. See this thread for details.

2 Interior light at night doesn't come on when you turn the car off on the start/stop button until you open doors or take key out of key slot!
That is the way it was designed to function.

5 At night when am coming to car unlocking it by remote coming lights don't come on!
This could be the result of you not leaving your headlight switch in the 'Auto' position. It needs to be in that position (as opposed to 'Off') in order for that function to work. See this post for details.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
3 After driving car longer then 20min on switching the car off it makes noise like clicking in back of drivers and passengers seat
The car shuts down things in stages after turning off. You can often hear clicks and mechanisms run afterwards.

4 Most of times i like to listen to the music of V8 so i don't bother with radio but what i have discovered when i come to stand still i can hear knocking noise coming from under the bonnet and it sounds similar to diesel, av bean back to Audi and they told me that was something to do with some kind of valve which controls air but i don believe them !
Not heard any knocking on mine.

The light setting has to be in the auto position for this to work and the option set to enabled in the MMI. Its on the same page as the coming home enable/disable option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts