Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A5 Quattro Sportback Black Edition
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Has anyone any idea for coding a westfella detachable towbar on a A5.

Basically Audi removed the coding for my towbar fitted by towbarexpress to diagnose something else (I did tell them the towbar was not conflicting anything as all was well for quite some time, however they know best, as if) they then said they can not recode it as it wasn't fitted by them.
So I've contacted towbarexpress twice and westfella, however neither of them have replied to me.

So has anyone got any idea of the coding. When I plug in the unit I get tyre pressure monitor fault codes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2011 Audi A8
145 Posts
Hi all,
Has anyone any idea for coding a westfella detachable towbar on a A5.

Basically Audi removed the coding for my towbar fitted by towbarexpress to diagnose something else (I did tell them the towbar was not conflicting anything as all was well for quite some time, however they know best, as if) they then said they can not recode it as it wasn't fitted by them.
So I've contacted towbarexpress twice and westfella, however neither of them have replied to me.

So has anyone got any idea of the coding. When I plug in the unit I get tyre pressure monitor fault codes.

Cheers.
Take it back mate, get them to put it back as it was.

My mate had this with a mobility car (Tiguan). They resisted very much, then arranged for him to revisit when the area technician would be there who could recode it properly. Never cost him a penny.

I'd call Audi main office if the dealer messes you around and explain your predicament.

At the end of the day, if they'd damaged it in any other way, you'd expect them to fix it wouldn't you?

Albert

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take it back mate, get them to put it back as it was.

My mate had this with a mobility car (Tiguan). They resisted very much, then arranged for him to revisit when the area technician would be there who could recode it properly. Never cost him a penny.

I'd call Audi main office if the dealer messes you around and explain your predicament.

At the end of the day, if they'd damaged it in any other way, you'd expect them to fix it wouldn't you?

Albert
I've had nothing but incompetence from Audi, including pulling up one of there service guys for talking to me like a child. I can't see them coming up for this at all. But worth a shot, I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d ask towbarexpress to recode it and get Audi to pay the bill for their incompetence
Yeah I think this maybe the way to go, towbar express have finally replied. Quoting £78 for someone to come and recode, they refuse to actually tell me the coding so I can have a go myself.

Thought someone on here may of had an idea of the coding. Perhaps not.

·
Administrator
589 Posts
I wonder if they just took it off the CAN gateway installation list and unplugged it. When you plug it in what errors do you see? If this is the case I would expect a module not registered error but nothing to do with tyre pressures.
Can you post a full VCDS scan?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if they just took it off the CAN gateway installation list and unplugged it. When you plug it in what errors do you see? If this is the case I would expect a module not registered error but nothing to do with tyre pressures.
Can you post a full VCDS scan?
Will do when I get a chance, at work Sun to Mon eve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: JohnS4

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let us know how you get on. 😎
Sorted it, with a bit of referencing to the post you linked I went through all my coding of various modules and found a few option were either wrong checked or not at all. The wrong tyre pressure system was checked with the wrong stabilisation system. After a few different scenarios I manged to set up up. All fault codes cleared and trailer lights etc fully operational.

Thanks for your input, greatly helped me go through it all without fearing messing something up.

All being well no coding will come up on the drive to work.

👍🏽👍🏽

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excellent. Feel free to spend the £78 you saved on beers!!
Haha, indeed. Can't believe towbar express wouldn't give me a hint. Still 10mins and all was done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts